Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Howdy

BillBurry

Hey guys! I'm really excited to try my hand at scripting.

But before I get started at all I want to make sure I am behind a proxy to protect my residential IP.

I'm not very interested in gambling and trying random proxies online and hoping that they are truly residential, so I figured I would begin by making my own with an old Ubuntu desktop I have sitting around the house.

Am I understanding things correctly in thinking I can do that? Or do you really need to grab a VPS and tunnel to that as described in the proxyrocks tutorial?

I'm basing a lot of my assumptions on posts I've seen by @yeeter01, and struggling to find resources that describe processes other than "Insert purchased IP's" or "Make a proxy with a datacenter VPS"

21 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

Dats me~~~~

You da man, I stopped scrolling the forum and just went through your post history to get my initial lay of the land!

Archived