Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How do I implement a very basic mulling system?

Piripiri0

Hi everyone, I just want my 2 bots to interact and to exchange gold or items. Nothing fancy. All done on the same ip, if useful. 

I am not really looking for any piece of code, but for documentation references and methods. I have really no ideas :P

37 minutes ago, Defiled said:

orr... you can use MySQL. look up JDBC library

Sockets are the optimal way to do this. It's literally designed to communicate between each other to execute a function rather than storing and reading from a database.

2 hours ago, NovaGTX said:

Sockets are the optimal way to do this. It's literally designed to communicate between each other to execute a function rather than storing and reading from a database.

I haven't denied the fact that you can do it with sockets, I just displayed it as another option. Some scripts may rely heavily on databases, so having a muling system that reads off that database isn't a bad idea. 

22 minutes ago, Defiled said:

I haven't denied the fact that you can do it with sockets, I just displayed it as another option. Some scripts may rely heavily on databases, so having a muling system that reads off that database isn't a bad idea. 

MySQL should be used to store information (it's a database), not to connect/contact other applications. Plus it bloats the script and you can't use it on SDN

Implement a GUI that you can fill out what time you want the slaves to mule and make the slaves mule at that time. Make a script for the master to login at that time and accept trades that contain the items.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:51 PM, Neffarion said:

MySQL should be used to store information (it's a database), not to connect/contact other applications. Plus it bloats the script and you can't use it on SDN

You can place the jdbc library in the Libs folder, this doesn't add any more size to the script itself.

You can use the database to connect mules to slaves easily without any connections and removes the hassle of port forwarding if you are going to use foreign ports.

I personally made several queing muling systems using SQL and they work wonderfully. SQL gives more flexibility in terms of collection and sharing of data. Many people using SQL for muling systems. I believe @Nex does it too.

and... yes, SQL/JDBC isn't allowed on the SDN. But mainly this is for private projects, not all scripts are written specifically for the SDN.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:37 AM, RetroBot said:

Implement a GUI that you can fill out what time you want the slaves to mule and make the slaves mule at that time. Make a script for the master to login at that time and accept trades that contain the items.

I've seen lots of farms do it this way, its such a simple yet dangerous way of muling for large farms. The time factor alone can pull up lots of problems. 
    Also if 1 slaves goes late and the mule goes out that's another problem.. to solve this problem you could restrict the mule to not stop muling until all  previously specified slaves are muled but this can also pull up another problem which is if one of the slaves goes out.. also  you have the problem of the mule bugging out and doesn't mule.. lots of problems with this method.

I'd only suggest Sockets or SQL for muling.

7 hours ago, Defiled said:

You can place the jdbc library in the Libs folder, this doesn't add any more size to the script itself.

You can use the database to connect mules to slaves easily without any connections and removes the hassle of port forwarding if you are going to use foreign ports.

I personally made several queing muling systems using SQL and they work wonderfully. SQL gives more flexibility in terms of collection and sharing of data. Many people using SQL for muling systems. I believe @Nex does it too.

and... yes, SQL/JDBC isn't allowed on the SDN. But mainly this is for private projects, not all scripts are written specifically for the SDN.

I've seen lots of farms do it this way, its such a simple yet dangerous way of muling for large farms. The time factor alone can pull up lots of problems. 
    Also if 1 slaves goes late and the mule goes out that's another problem.. to solve this problem you could restrict the mule to not stop muling until all  previously specified slaves are muled but this can also pull up another problem which is if one of the slaves goes out.. also  you have the problem of the mule bugging out and doesn't mule.. lots of problems with this method.

I'd only suggest Sockets or SQL for muling.

I've been using this method for years and never experienced any problems (I use to run 30-40 accts at my peak). I just specify the time for the mule (8:00 - 8:30) and just make my slaves mule anywhere from 8:00-8:15. He's only running 2 accounts and wanted something very basic, thats why I suggested it

Archived