Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • CCENT or CCNA? (Networking)

Defiled

Hello,

I'm a person that left medicine to enter into Networking, I currently am studying Network Engineering at uni (freshman). for anyone who studies networking or is in the IT field, What do you think I should aim for first? CCENT or CCNA.. or maybe CompTIA ceritficates.. I have 4 years ahead and I'm willing to get certified in as many as it takes..

I've been system administrating for a web host for almost 2 years now, and I find passion in doing so.. looking for advice :)

22 hours ago, Articron said:

CCNA 1 and 2 should be your primary goals for network engineering. Those are the ones that landed me a job as network engineer :) 

Oh nice, do you think I should go for CCENT before going for CCNA? 

Also due to the recent changes at cisco, should I get the CCNP directly without CCNA.. they allow that now as they removed the CCNA prerequisite

• 1 year later...

I see you have the scripter+ rank. Why not do something with software development because you already have development experience. Freelancing is also easier with programming skills. Of course, I highly recommend doing something you really enjoy. If that's networking, you should definitely go for it. GL man!

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, but I'm not proficient in programming.

4 hours ago, userzero said:

I see you have the scripter+ rank. Why not do something with software development because you already have development experience. Freelancing is also easier with programming skills. Of course, I highly recommend doing something you really enjoy. If that's networking, you should definitely go for it. GL man!

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, but I'm not proficient in programming.

This post is more than a year ago haha :) . I'm now CCNA, Linux+, PenTest+ certified and I have a year left until im finished with BSc in Network Engineering & Network Security.

Programming is a tool in my opinion so I always strive to better myself in it to use it in Freelancing, Personal Projects and/or networking.

I hope what you 're doing goes good for you. :)

Nice achievements you have there!

I started the ccna course a few months ago but for some reason I stopped and want to go back to the course and finish the course so that I can take the exam and apply for a networking job.

• 2 months later...

CCNA is the gold standard for networking certifications.

As for recommendations, it really depends on the role you're looking to pursue. If you're looking to get into an MSP, the foundational CompTIA A+/NET+ will be preferred first as Microsoft partners are required to maintain a percentage of their staff certified in these. Conversely, if you're looking into strictly network engineering as an internal team member I'd definitely start with the CCNA.

Archived