Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • ummm weirdness happening

Gnar

i am attempting to create a Canada accounts on my windows computer, and it fails via locked on creation, but when i attempt with a linux computer it passes and it runs 100% fine...

if its because the bad ip, why did it work for linux? if its because the catch i deleted and tried again and it still failed... what is going on here????

ps i also tried with a UK ip too

9 hours ago, Gnar said:

i am attempting to create a Canada accounts on my windows computer, and it fails via locked on creation, but when i attempt with a linux computer it passes and it runs 100% fine...

if its because the bad ip, why did it work for linux? if its because the catch i deleted and tried again and it still failed... what is going on here????

Yes this is weird, happened to me.. locks on my Laptop, but works fine on my PC.. maybe the hardware is phishy to Jagex or something

8 hours ago, Defiled said:

Yes this is weird, happened to me.. locks on my Laptop, but works fine on my PC.. maybe the hardware is phishy to Jagex or something

i find a few other people having this problem as well, i have a few machines that dont have this problem on...

@Defiled what os are you using and when did it start?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:00 PM, Gnar said:

I have the same problem but it only happens with DreamBot, not the official client or other bot clients.

is there a way to change the name of dreambot so if the client is detected by the name, it wont be detected as dreambot? i mean code wise

7 hours ago, Infidel said:

Experiencing the same scenario. Login on DB client, get locked. Login on Runelite, no locks. Changing settings doesn't seem to have any effect. Accounts created on same IP also getting locked.

7 hours ago, AceKingSuited said:

I have the same problem but it only happens with DreamBot, not the official client or other bot clients.

19 hours ago, Gnar said:

i find a few other people having this problem as well, i have a few machines that dont have this problem on...

@Defiled what os are you using and when did it start?

On 1/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, Defiled said:

@Nuclear Nezz Hey Nezz, The issue is client related.

5 hours ago, Defiled said:

@Nuclear Nezz Hey Nezz, The issue is client related.

I tested it out, I didn't get any locks on mine.  Linux laptop on home network, as well as windows server OS on a proxy, neither got locked.

I won't be able to look in depth into RS code today, but hopefully next weekend I can grab the jar and deob it, I'll take a look to see if maybe they updated their machine info class.

When you guys make accounts, are you using fresh start? Or a pre-set userhome? I personally use userhomes, not fresh start, which you can do with quickstart by using the -userhome MyUserHome and it'll drop 1 folder down from your actual userhome, which you can keep consistent for that account.

2 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

I tested it out, I didn't get any locks on mine.  Linux laptop on home network, as well as windows server OS on a proxy, neither got locked.

I won't be able to look in depth into RS code today, but hopefully next weekend I can grab the jar and deob it, I'll take a look to see if maybe they updated their machine info class.

When you guys make accounts, are you using fresh start? Or a pre-set userhome? I personally use userhomes, not fresh start, which you can do with quickstart by using the -userhome MyUserHome and it'll drop 1 folder down from your actual userhome, which you can keep consistent for that account.

Hi Nezz,

Thank you for the reply!

I personally use Fresh Start + Covert Mode, I'll try out userhome

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

i use fresh start and covert because i am creating accounts and selling them

6 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

Thank you for looking into this, when I made the post about this in the Client Support section I was a little worried it would go unnoticed. 

If it helps, I also used fresh start + covert. Didn't want to get my personal IP or residential proxy flagged with more testing so I haven't bothered testing with any other settings to see if it changes outcome.

Archived