Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot & Raspberry pi [Tutorial] [Updated 6/3/2022]

Gnar

Updated 6/3/2022

ok dont be using raspberry pis for your botting means, all accounts that logged in to my raspberry pi all got banned for botting regardless whether i botted on them or not

ok so i was going to just add this in the comments of DreamBot & Linux [Tutorial]  but i found that there is a little more to it then that... idk i might just be a noob but what ever, so here is what i did

note you need a pi 4 1GB or better otherwise you cant really do this

if your going for raspberry pi setup then do this:

VNC in to your pi, if you dont know how to do that there are tuts on YouTube everywhere just look for one
    if your raspberry pi is a fresh download then be sure to update and upgrade the pi 
    Go to the java website HERE and download the latest version of JDK 1.8 32 bit ARM Linux(dreambot does not work with anything higher 
    at the time i am writing this)
    after you download the file move it to where ever you want to move it (i moved it to my /opt file)
    open the command prompt/terminal (whatever you guys want to call it)

type/copy and paste this in:

sudo tar -zxvf jdk-8u333-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz (note you will have to replace jdk-8u241-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt with yours)
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /opt/jdk1.8.0_333/bin/java 1 (note you may have to replace jdk1.8.0_333 with your version)
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac /opt/jdk1.8.0_333/bin/javac 1 (note you may have to replace jdk1.8.0_333 with your version)
    cd 
    cd Desktop
    wget https://dreambot.org/DBLauncher.jar
    java -jar DBLauncher.jar

added info:

all of your dreambot info goes to /home/pi/DreamBot

/pi is the username so if you changed it look where ever you changed it at

if you already downloaded java for what ever reason but you cant get dreambot to work AND you did my method above please use sudo apt remove jdk*

then try it, if it still fails redo my method above... if it does not work please ask i might be able to find out whats wrong

More Added info:

you can create a desktop app and you dont even need to use terminal for this

note if you changed the path to some of this you will need to adjust to it

First create a new file, call it Dreambot.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
    Name=Dreambot Cliet
    StartupWMClass=Dreambot
    Comment=Run the Dreambot Client
    GenericName=Old School Runescape
    Exec=java -jar /home/pi/Desktop/DBLauncher.jar
    Icon=/home/pi/Icons/Dreambot.png
    Type=Application
    Terminal=false
    Categories=Game

save it

again hope this helps any of you guys, and i hope you have a grate day

have any questions or if i did something dumb please tell me, i have re read this tut to make sure it works and i attempted it on my own pis 3 times so far so i think i did ok on this, again please if you have any questions tell me i will try my best to help

this guide still works, however dreambot client runs... chopper then i remembered it.

Edited by Gnar

Gj man! Well done on writing a tutorial on something you were experiencing troubles with then fixed, I bet this will help a lot of people looking to use a raspberry pi for botting!

• 1 month later...
    java -jar DBLauncher.jar

after running this command it say "could not locate proxy file" thenruns some lines and stops and wont proceed. sorry if thats confusing im new to coding and pi"s. also it wont allow me to remove the jdk folders and i cant figure out why. was trying to do a fresh start but cant delete the folders

• 2 years later...
    • Gnar changed the title to DreamBot & Raspberry pi [Tutorial] [Updated 6/3/2022]

Thanks for posting, managed to follow it and get Java installed but having trouble launching - I can open the launcher but when I hit the launch client button, the whole thing closes and the client doesn't open.  I've found the client.jar file and can open that, but as far as I can see, that won't take any proxies into account?