Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client Detection

AceKingSuited

I recently bought a residential proxy to create some accounts. All excited to test it out, I loaded up firefox with foxyproxy and created an account. Then I loaded up dreambot (covert mode on) to connect through the proxy and logged in. Sadly, the account was locked within 2-3 seconds of login. 

After repeating this process a few times I got kind of frustrated and thought maybe the residential proxy was a datacenter proxy even though it didn't appear to be, so I went back and let the seller know. They were able to successfully create an account and log in with it doing everything I had just done (same browser, same proxy, etc) but they used their preferred client. I was skeptical at first, but after hearing I was using dreambot's client they suggested I try logging in with a different one (not naming the one I used because I don't want to promote) and sure enough, it worked on the first try.

The most important thing to note here is I didn't log in and try running any scripts, all I did was just log in via dreambot's client with fresh start and covert mode enabled for an insta-lock. Then isolated the client by successfully re-running through the entire process with all other variables exactly the same except the client (same browser to create account, same proxy, etc)

Not posting this to be negative in any way, but did want to make sure it was at least known in case this is a new problem 😕 

3 hours ago, AceKingSuited said:

I recently bought a residential proxy to create some accounts. All excited to test it out, I loaded up firefox with foxyproxy and created an account. Then I loaded up dreambot (covert mode on) to connect through the proxy and logged in. Sadly, the account was locked within 2-3 seconds of login. 

After repeating this process a few times I got kind of frustrated and thought maybe the residential proxy was a datacenter proxy even though it didn't appear to be, so I went back and let the seller know. They were able to successfully create an account and log in with it doing everything I had just done (same browser, same proxy, etc) but they used their preferred client. I was skeptical at first, but after hearing I was using dreambot's client they suggested I try logging in with a different one (not naming the one I used because I don't want to promote) and sure enough, it worked on the first try.

The most important thing to note here is I didn't log in and try running any scripts, all I did was just log in via dreambot's client with fresh start and covert mode enabled for an insta-lock. Then isolated the client by successfully re-running through the entire process with all other variables exactly the same except the client (same browser to create account, same proxy, etc)

Not posting this to be negative in any way, but did want to make sure it was at least known in case this is a new problem 😕 

2 minutes ago, Tweak said:

I have been getting locked with dream-bot lately too.

I'd suggest that you guys buy rested accounts.. I'd recommend 180-day rested accounts, Since I've used them I haven't received any locks.

Also I think hardware plays a part in locks, as on my main PC i didn't receive any locks while on my laptop I did. 

Try to add the IP and Port (TCP-IN) of the proxy to your firewall, as It may have a role in the locks.

A Question for ya: Is your proxy Mixed Residential or Pure Residential? as this plays a large role.

31 minutes ago, Defiled said:

I'd suggest that you guys buy rested accounts.. I'd recommend 180-day rested accounts, Since I've used them I haven't received any locks.

Also I think hardware plays a part in locks, as on my main PC i didn't receive any locks while on my laptop I did. 

Try to add the IP and Port (TCP-IN) of the proxy to your firewall, as It may have a role in the locks.

A Question for ya: Is your proxy Mixed Residential or Pure Residential? as this plays a large role.

Tried rested accounts as well (I have a huge list of 200-800+ day rested accounts)

The proxy itself is actually irrelevant in this case though because the only difference between a successful account creation and an insta-lock was the client I logged in with. Used the same exact hardware, created the account through the same browser (using same proxy), logged in from clients with same proxy, the same amount of time between account creation and login, etc. The only variable I changed was the client for a successful result.

9 hours ago, Defiled said:

I have had bans on my main operating system and within virtual machines, and still been able to bot further accounts without any bans.

Had bans within hours on a virtual machine, but since using a Free VPN and changing MAC Address not had a ban since, got banned previously because botting is too addicting.

And I find resting accounts past the trade limits they impose on new accounts, less likely to get banned after leaving a new account for a few weeks at least.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:36 AM, Tweak said:

This. @Defiled I've been botting for years man, I don't need you to reiterate the basics of evading locks. As if you were trying to be smart like you do on every other post,  I suggest that you re-read my reply to @AceKingSuited The keyword is 'lately', and it is the client I am getting locked with DB client aside from what proxies and accounts I am using.

Damnole' is trying to help, no need to be so negative @Tweak <3 .  

Side-note: I haven't had any account locked since purchasing rested lvl 3s w/7 QPs. Anytime before that that I would try to make one it would get a lock pretty fast. Pretty odd as i would hand walk through tut island and all (CREATED and played) through a proxy. There are walking/IP checker scripts (you probably know), but specifically the Nex Walker will show you if it is a residential IP or whatnot. The first "res IP" i bought was actually not a res at all and only found this out due to this script. Best of luck and remember most people are just trying to be helpful, so why not say thank you!!

Archived