Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot is SLOW as fuck

mastaloot

Please don't hate on me, i'm just sharing my thoughts here.. I've tried to make my own wilderness looting script which is working but the bot is so slow it can't compete with the other botters out there. No, it is not my script, i've tried many scripts it's all slow as hell, delayed actions for at least 5 seconds.. Zoom is by default, mouse speed is at 8. I don't know what's up with this bot but it's not very good when it's time to do fast task. I still like Dreambot tho, if anyone have any solution it would be VERY great. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, mastaloot said:

Please don't hate on me, i'm just sharing my thoughts here.. I've tried to make my own wilderness looting script which is working but the bot is so slow it can't compete with the other botters out there. No, it is not my script, i've tried many scripts it's all slow as hell, delayed actions for at least 5 seconds.. Zoom is by default, mouse speed is at 8. I don't know what's up with this bot but it's not very good when it's time to do fast task. I still like Dreambot tho, if anyone have any solution it would be VERY great. Thanks.

Chances are this is an issue on your end.  It could be a caused by either bad script/bad hardware or a combination of both.  Shit proxies can also cause performance issues while botting.  Jagex recently has also had THE WORST SERVICE IN THE WOLRD lately so this could also be causing issues (not a client issue a Jagex issue).  

I have ran looters in the past and people like @AsBakedAsCake have ran looters in the past and not reported any of these issues.  I would keep experimenting and possibly post your code for review and if someone is feeling nice enough they could provide some pointers.  Chances are your bot is just losing races to loot due to a trash loot priority system and is chasing loot that other bots just so happened to be closer to.  I personally hated writing a wildy looter but I am sure other people have developed better systems than mine that could easily out compete mine or yours.  While not a wildy looter, a good example of higher end scripts out competing basic scripts is @Hashtag's #1 Mining script and its anticipation system.  The system he put in place helps his bot out preform most basic mining scripts. 

tldr - check your hardware, proxies, and write a better script.  If none of those are the cause of the "slowness" you mentioned its on Jagex's end not Dreambots.  

3 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

Thanks for the reply, might be my priority system that is trash, it's the only thing that could be right now.. Could you give me any examples that could optimize my priority with looting? Example i want to loot a rune scimitar first instead of adamant arrows (Let's say im in f2p)

Archived