Welcome to DreamBot

VIP Enhancement

Want to upgrade your DreamBot experience? Consider signing up for VIP!
VIP allows you to run as many accounts as you want, view the forums ad-free, receive 10% off all script purchases, and so much more!
Visit the store to learn about all of these great features!

Upgrade to VIP Now
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Make sure you have Java 8 installed
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox
Download the DreamBot client today!
Sign in to follow this  
NoBanPls

Botting is pretty much dead

I've botted on and off on throwaway accounts for a long time now.  Rarely had much success with it, mainly just did it for fun and curiosity. But I had always been using free scripts because I didnt really want to invest much into it.  Recently I learned how to make scripts.  I have known to code for a while now but didn't know how to get it setup to work with the api and so forth.  Followed, a tutorial, tried it and quickly made a few scripts that are way better than any of the free ones i've used over the years. I always heard people say that you won't get banned if you have private scripts.  Well let me be the first to tell you that is definitely NOT true. The past week I botted 3 accounts, on and off, never all at the same time, and very sparingly, maybe 2-4 hours per day all on my own 100% original scripts.  And this morning I wake up to find them all banned. I basically hadn't even made any money on any of them yet because I was just trying to get them leveled up first.  All of them were botting different things, and I spent tons of time on the antiban for all of the scripts and was very satisfied with how realistic I was able to get the bots to behave. 

I mainly did it because it was fun to me making the scripts, but if you still get banned when you are literally the only one in the game using the script, then what is the point in botting anymore? People always say to take it easy with the hours you run them but it seems to make no difference.  And what is the point in even bothering if you can only run them for a couple hours per day anyways?  Sure you can avoid ban if you play legit twice as much as you bot the account but again, whats the point then?  Im not mad that I got banned obviously, but I basically just did an experiment to find out once and for all if botting has any hope left whatsoever and it seems that it does not. So im just wondering what you're all doing here. It's time to accept that the bot detection has gotten too advanced.  Sure you can maybe suicide fresh accounts for a couple days during the weekend before they get banned but unless you're so poor that a couple bucks a week is a big deal to you it's not even worth the hassle of making the accounts.

Botting while it isn't getting better is far from dead.  It's a prime example of the resourceful will find a way.  As for your bad experience botting using free scripts expecting no bans is a solid meme. I am uncertain of your programming skills but from the sounds of it you followed some old tutorials and guides followed by hundreds if not thousands of others most likely botting super common and high ban rate task, changed up some timings and added some low quality meme anti-ban (right click inspect tier trash).  Let's not forget most guides/tutorials are for commonly botted methods such as woodcutting, mining, cow killing etc all of which have higher ban rates generally. 

Name of the game is thinking outside the box. My small farm running on DB has ran for 4 months alternating accounts with the 2 free slots and only resulted in 1 ban and several locks across a large number of accounts(400+).  While my other larger farm running on a different client does have more bans I am still easily turning a profit. 

Just because YOU failed to achieve your goal doesn't mean botting is dead it means you failed achieving your goal and your dream of botting is dead not everyone else's.

6 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

I am uncertain of your programming skills but from the sounds of it you followed some old tutorials and guides followed by hundreds if not thousands of others most likely botting super common and high ban rate task, changed up some timings and added some low quality meme anti-ban (right click inspect tier trash)

This is most certainly NOT what I did. I watched a tutorial to see the basic structure for the bot (start, end, onloop, etc) and then wrote my own state machine scripts entirely from scratch. The api is very easy to understand so there was no need for looking up someone else's wcing or fishing script and copying things or whatever. While I have only used other peoples free scripts I have watched many videos of the very expensive ones running and mine hold up just as well if not better in terms of how realistic the actions look to a real player.  One of the main points of my post is that none of us know what things jagex is looking for therefore trying to design an antiban system is hopeless.  I am limited in no way by lack of programming knowledge or knowledge about the api, but by not knowing what jagex is monitoring to detect bots. If I did know this, it would be very easy to make a bot that could run forever with no risk of getting banned outside of a manual jmod ban.

As for your experience, you said you are running 2 accounts at once which kind of proves my point that this whole thing is a waste of time if you can't run a high number of accounts at once for large hours at a time without getting banned.

3 minutes ago, NoBanPls said:

This is most certainly NOT what I did. I watched a tutorial to see the basic structure for the bot (start, end, onloop, etc) and then wrote my own state machine scripts entirely from scratch. The api is very easy to understand so there was no need for looking up someone else's wcing or fishing script and copying things or whatever. While I have only used other peoples free scripts I have watched many videos of the very expensive ones running and mine hold up just as well if not better in terms of how realistic the actions look to a real player.  One of the main points of my post is that none of us know what things jagex is looking for therefore trying to design an antiban system is hopeless.  I am limited in no way by lack of programming knowledge or knowledge about the api, but by not knowing what jagex is monitoring to detect bots. If I did know this, it would be very easy to make a bot that could run forever with no risk of getting banned outside of a manual jmod ban.

As for your experience, you said you are running 2 accounts at once which kind of proves my point that this whole thing is a waste of time if you can't run a high number of accounts at once for large hours at a time without getting banned.

I could easily scale it past 2 accounts slots I just have no reason with how my farm operates. I dont need that amount of accounts sitting waiting to be used in my main farm.  My bad for not giving more details on the usage their.

If you feel so confident in your scripts and are on your way out you should open source them for review 😃 I'd be more than glad to verify they claims you make of it being a top quality bot.  If everyone knew how to avoid Jagex detection botting would then be dead since no one would get banned.  Bans are the skill check for botters weeding out the people who can't find their niche or a way around their detection. 

Not sure what kind of scripts you've developed, but to put it into perspective I run 4 accounts 130 hours a week, I get banned once per 2 months, on max 2 accounts, these accounts also get banned during safe hours, so I don't lose any resources. Some of accounts are 6 months old and generate pretty good profit, so I wouldn't say that botting is dead, you just need to find your niche and experiment a bit.

3 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

I could easily scale it past 2 accounts slots I just have no reason with how my farm operates. I dont need that amount of accounts sitting waiting to be used in my main farm.  My bad for not giving more details on the usage their.

If you feel so confident in your scripts and are on your way out you should open source them for review 😃 I'd be more than glad to verify they claims you make of it being a top quality bot.  If everyone knew how to avoid Jagex detection botting would then be dead since no one would get banned.  Bans are the skill check for botters weeding out the people who can't find their niche or a way around their detection.

So you're basically saying you could make more money but you just don't want to?

If you want to pay for my scripts then I'll gladly sell them you. I'm not gonna give them away for free just to prove to some random person how good they are.  And again, you are completely missing the point because I don't even know what "good" antiban is and neither does anyone else because we don't know what jagex is looking for. I just did my best to make the bot look as a human would.  But is very unlikely that a jagex employee watches the account play and tries to judge if it is human or not anyway, it is all automated.  I am  sure that if I botted on my main account which is 12 years old with over 2100 total I would likely never get banned. But this is pointless because I can't make more accounts like that and scale up the production to a useful level.

1 minute ago, NoBanPls said:

So you're basically saying you could make more money but you just don't want to?

If you want to pay for my scripts then I'll gladly sell them you. I'm not gonna give them away for free just to prove to some random person how good they are.  And again, you are completely missing the point because I don't even know what "good" antiban is and neither does anyone else because we don't know what jagex is looking for. I just did my best to make the bot look as a human would.  But is very unlikely that a jagex employee watches the account play and tries to judge if it is human or not anyway, it is all automated.  I am  sure that if I botted on my main account which is 12 years old with over 2100 total I would likely never get banned. But this is pointless because I can't make more accounts like that and scale up the production to a useful level.

How much you want for the source code 😃 clearly it can't be worth all that much if you keep getting banned but I'll gladly pay for them to prove a point if your charge a reasonable amount after the fact your clearly said they pick up frequent bans. 

Nah I'm saying DreamBot feeds accounts to my OSBot farm. My OSBot farm cant scale anymore. So scaling on DreamBot at the moment just results in stagnate accounts.

2 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

How much you want for the source code 😃 clearly it can't be worth all that much if you keep getting banned but I'll gladly pay for them to prove a point if your charge a reasonable amount after the fact your clearly said they pick up frequent bans. 

Nah I'm saying DreamBot feeds accounts to my OSBot farm. My OSBot farm cant scale anymore. So scaling on DreamBot at the moment just results in stagnate accounts.

I have a lobster one and a flyfishing one if you want you can have them for $5 each.  No acc has got banned using the fly fishing one and I dont think it's possible to bot lobsters without getting banned right now.  The point was not that it's impossible to get away with botting, just that it isn't worth it anymore.  I think it is more about having a legit looking account than the scripts antiban at the point.

The more "dead" botting is the more someone out there is going to reap the demand for osrs gold. The way I see it, as long as osrs stays relevant, botting will almost certainly remain a practice, I think even scripters who make no profit still bot just out of pure challenge/enjoyment to see what they can do with their knowledge.

9 hours ago, Tinkerfitz said:

The more "dead" botting is the more someone out there is going to reap the demand for osrs gold. The way I see it, as long as osrs stays relevant, botting will almost certainly remain a practice, I think even scripters who make no profit still bot just out of pure challenge/enjoyment to see what they can do with their knowledge.

Yep. Pretty much how I roll. I don't have the time to invest into developing a fully fledged farm in all honesty, and I earn a solid salary from my full time job. But as a hobby I still write scripts fairly frequently and quite often have a fair amount of success in reaching decent skill/stat milestones without being banned.