Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Warning: Artifacts Builder cannot delete file

RaikerZ2

Hey!

Currently trying to compile a script that I'm working on but can't because IntelliJ won't overwrite the .JAR that's being locked by DreamBot. Only way to compile and update my script is to full restart DreamBot. This would be exceptionally tedious for small changes such as ver #s and stuff is there any workaround for this? Watching tutorials it seems some others don't have this issue, how are y'all overwriting open JARs?

2 minutes ago, Man16 said:

Sometimes I get the warning but its a warning, and you can ignore those. It usually says so but it still works.

Unfortunately it won't overwrite regardless of me refreshing and ignoring the warning. I'm not sure if it's just locking the current version? The time modified changes, so I know the new JAR is getting through, but the version number stays the same and any new logic I build in doesn't come in to effect unless I hard restart the entire client.

4 minutes ago, RaikerZ2 said:

Yeah that's fair, I should probably stop using IntelliJ

IntelliJ isnt bad lol, it has to be something you've mis-configured. It's a perfectly fine IDE. Have you followed the video instruction on how to compile and export the jar that is posted somewhere on the forum?

1 minute ago, NovaGTX said:

IntelliJ isnt bad lol, it has to be something you've mis-configured. It's a perfectly fine IDE. Have you followed the video instruction on how to compile and export the jar that is posted somewhere on the forum?

Never said it was bad, just should probably use an IDE I am more familiar with is all. Yes, I've set it up to compile and export the JAR to the proper folders based on this video: 

So unless there's something wrong there, which there doesn't seem to be, I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. File is exporting and mod. info is changing, but the JAR is locked to by Java SE and will not change regardless of what I do.

I use IntelliJ, compiles jars fine for me. Its probably something in your ide settings. Even if I get the warning, the script still gets replaced. When you go back to your client, make sure to refresh the scripts (go to like free scripts and back to local scripts or something) to make sure they're updated as well.

1 minute ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

I use IntelliJ, compiles jars fine for me. Its probably something in your ide settings. Even if I get the warning, the script still gets replaced. When you go back to your client, make sure to refresh the scripts (go to like free scripts and back to local scripts or something) to make sure they're updated as well.

"make sure to refresh the scripts (go to like free scripts and back to local scripts or something)" <----- This is what I was missing, thanks man I really appreciate it!

Archived