Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Downloading and uploading information using java script

kamilo

Im in the process of creating a 'buying item from shop' script which contains a world hopper mechanic 

as said in my previous topic, this world hopper mechanic started a cooldown timer which determines when the shop will be fully restocked to buy from again. 

However, once I have this information of which worlds are stocked and which are not, I want to run multiple scripts which coordinate this information

Therefore, I was wondering if there is a way to upload lets say 'Available worlds' & "cool down worlds' that my scripts can download and upload this information. Thus, I can other scripts efficiently. This is very advanced I know but I don't have too much experience here

I would like an expert to give me an answer or a possible solution...Thank you

3 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

The answer: Yes, it's possible.

There's plenty of ways you can do it. Take a look at: https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/18800-p

Is one thing that you can check into.

You can also get a server and upload the information for that, if you want it to span across multiple machines.

Thanks a lot man, ill start of with a text file, but is there a specific folder that I have to upload it to? or it can be accessed anywhere when the script has started?

lmk which folder

About server, what kind of server out of curiosity? mySQL?

1 hour ago, kamilo said:

Thanks a lot man, ill start of with a text file, but is there a specific folder that I have to upload it to? or it can be accessed anywhere when the script has started?

lmk which folder

About server, what kind of server out of curiosity? mySQL?

The file can be anywhere, you're just reading/writing to a file, same as any other java program. Might run into issues with concurrency depending on your OS, I think, if you have multiple clients trying to access it at the same time.

As far as a server goes, I'd suggest you just look up how to make a simple java chat server. That's the general concept you want.
    Acc A sends messages to Chat A
    Acc B sends mesages to Chat A
    Chat A can send messages to both A and B.

So you're not directly making a chat, but the concept is the same. Just the general idea of send/receive.

Archived