Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Better Chat

Defiled

Hello,

Regarding babble, it presents many factors that could be improved.

Factors:

1) If im idle/on another browser tab, it requires the page to be refreshed.

2) Sending messages sometimes have a delay especially on mobile.

3) There is no automatic scroll down when a new message appears on mobile.

4) Its basically really frustrating to use on mobile.

5) I suggest have a mobile version chat box for people to use.

6) Report Abuse/Behavior functionality.

7) Chatbox private messages sometimes do not appear on mobile, and if they do.. when switching from pm to general.. it needs a refresh and when a refresh is done it disappears.

Improving the chatbox will indeed lead to more activity on the chatbox.

While I agree with all if these Babble is a 3rd party application so some of these things might be out of their control.

12 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

While I agree with all if these Babble is a 3rd party application so some of these things might be out of their control.

Indeed, Babble is a third party forums addon.

They could look for a better alternative because it is seriously really really bad on mobile, and average on PC.

I honestly do not know of any chat IPB addons, but I think that a simpler yet better functioning chat addon can be created custom with IPB.

33 minutes ago, Infidel said:

I'd personally would rather see more content on the forums posted then the use of babble. Yeah, I like babble for the quick hiyas and byes, but believe the main conversations should be going on within topics on the forums which they can easily be accessed. 

If the chat was enhanced, and became appealing.. it could make the community thrive.. in communication.. request of help and etc..

In actuality, people could get more people to reach their threads/topics through linking to it on the chat, and that is a plus.

People may also get instant responses on the chat for a problem their facing if the chat was thriving... thats a plus..

In my years of business, I learned that to never leave the small things.

I kinda look at the chat as the spirit of the forums.. it makes it look alive.. or......... getForums().isAnimating()

40 minutes ago, Infidel said:

I'd personally would rather see more content on the forums posted then the use of babble. Yeah, I like babble for the quick hiyas and byes, but believe the main conversations should be going on within topics on the forums which they can easily be accessed. 

I like this too. A lot of nuggets that get dropped in Babble and disappear quickly after, but they would be saved if they were in the forums in threads.

I don't know how you can force people to do that, though. They already have that opportunity.

1 minute ago, Kiji said:

I like this too. A lot of nuggets that get dropped in Babble, but they would be saved if they were in the forums.

I don't know how you can force people to do that, though.

As you mentioned, you can't..

People love comfort.. and whats the most comfortable way to get answers or talk to people??? its chat!

2 hours ago, Infidel said:

Anything you type in Babble does not get indexed by Google or other crawlers. This hurts Dreambots page rankings, which lowers the traffic/views/hits Dreambot can obtain.

It's the conversations being posted and discussed inside the forums on a day to day basis that do get the site noticed and indexed, which drives traffic. Using the Babble chat for your hard core conversations and help messages is not helping the site, nor the community grow. I can see linking to your posts/threads inside Babble as a good idea as you suggested.

My years of business tells me to remove the Babble chat and drive the community into making legitimate content to increase page rankings and boost the sites overall content so the business can make more money and advance the services and products available.

At the end of the day. There is multiple forums we can use where our topics will be seen for years to come.

Your points are valid, but not everything is about SEO, you must also look at the people you already have... enhancing their ways of engagement makes the community thrive. As I said.. chats make any forums look alive.. 

I guess I have my opinion and you have yours :D .

Anyways, DB already has the chat box.. therefore it would be a great update if it gets enhanced.

Archived