Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Script Queing

Defiled

Hi

Wouldn't a script que make for a great addition?

Where people can select certain scripts to be ran automatically in specified timeframes? 

I've actually started developing a tool to allow the queueing of scripts a while back. However, I've taken a bit break from it. I have interest in completing it soon, though.

We had script queue'ing (well, script scheduler), but the scripters at the time were not interested in implementing the fact that you needed to be able to start their script from *anywhere* with *any* setup.

It was causing bugs that were the scripters' responsibility, but was being put on the client, as people saw: "If it allows scheduling, it should work!"
    It has since been removed. It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

16 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

Bring forth the era of DB3, Lord Nezz. 

3 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

We had script queue'ing (well, script scheduler), but the scripters at the time were not interested in implementing the fact that you needed to be able to start their script from *anywhere* with *any* setup.

It was causing bugs that were the scripters' responsibility, but was being put on the client, as people saw: "If it allows scheduling, it should work!"
    It has since been removed. It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

What if it worked like this:

Have a default parameter to enable scripters to allow/disable queing in their script.

Have a onQue method which sets the values of the GUI if the script has a GUI ofcourse, because I think it'll be difficult when it comes to queing scripts that run after a gui.... or like have a default setting for the guis or something...

1 hour ago, ItsDefiled said:

What if it worked like this:

Have a default parameter to enable scripters to allow/disable queing in their script.

Have a onQue method which sets the values of the GUI if the script has a GUI ofcourse, because I think it'll be difficult when it comes to queing scripts that run after a gui.... or like have a default setting for the guis or something...

That's what quickstart parameters are for.

Like I said, people see "script queue" and assume all of it works for every script, and when it doesn't, they PM me. It might be a thing in DB3, since at that point people would have to update their scripts regardless.

6 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

Like I said, people see "script queue" and assume all of it works for every script, and when it doesn't, they PM me. It might be a thing in DB3, since at that point people would have to update their scripts regardless.

Got it!

Thank you for your efforts and hard work!

7 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

DB3 SOON ™️ 

• 11 months later...
    On 10/17/2019 at 10:59 PM, Nuclear Nezz said:

Sinds DB3 is released now, will this be added? A script queue that supports params meby, that you make it like a timebased quickstarter? @Pandemic @Nuclear Nezz

3 hours ago, mbmaster said:

Sinds DB3 is released now, will this be added? A script queue that supports params meby, that you make it like a timebased quickstarter? @Pandemic @Nuclear Nezz

We are interested in a script scheduler, but not too sure on implementation at this time so it's sort of on the back burner for now.

Archived