Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Is suicide botting the way to go?

charlatan

Do you recommend suicide botting?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend suicide botting?

• Yes
      • No

Hey guys, I'm new here and looking to get into RS Botting on a scale that makes profit (which is definitely a daunting task as I have gleaned from poking about different forums). I've played RS as a kid mostly but for a couple years as an adult too. Anyways, I just wanted to get some info and insights from the experienced people on here. 

So, I know that the gist of suicide botting is to automate the constant creation of new, throwaway accounts with short lifetimes that will be used with low RS skill requirement scripts. I'm assuming then all the small amounts of money these bots make, for the short time they are not locked or banned, are being constantly aggregated onto mule accounts, correct? 

I just wanted to know if the other route was viable as well? Like, what if I used residential private proxies, manually went through Tut island, botted some quests, and bought membership on a small number accounts that would be arguably more ban proof? I could bot a small number of accounts using scripts that would have higher skill level requirements but in return, have larger gp gains for each account (as opposed to many small gp gains on a larger number of accounts with suicide botting).

Do you guys think this would work? Do you guys have any bots with high level skills and a long history that haven't been banned or have had a long lifetime?  Or do you think that suicide botting is the rsbot meta right now and is more profitable? Are there more ways to make my accounts seem authentic and obscured from the watchful eye of Jagex? 

personally there is no way to compare as they are 2 far different types of bots. 

example a zulrah bot (end game)

or a clay mine bot ... (fresh suicide bot)

a lot more time goes into making the zulrah bots for a far higher reward.

but then if u had say 100 clay mine bots set up correctly and muled efficiently you could probably end up with a nice outcome too.

basicailly suicide bots accomplish what smaller normal bots can do, so in my opinion id rather run 5 zulrah bots then 50 other suicide bots, just seems more effort. and suicide ban rate is just silly unless you find a script worth the effort, most of the time you will probably get banned in f2p (maybe even members) before you get to mule a decent amount to make it worthwhile. 

Also just because an account is members does not really lower the ban rate. sure when you think about it it may look less suspicious, but then its all down to using your brain as to how obvious you make it. You're going to get banned in the end no matter what you do. Farming and botting is all down to experience and practice. you're not going to log in and find the PERFECT script with 0.1 ban rate making 500k an hour. trial and error to find what works for you.

If you are new just looking to learn realistic programming with a 3rd party API suicide botting is fine.

Looking to make a decent pay check suicide botting can provide this it just takes some more work and hardware. 

Long term bots can be tricky when starting but once you find a balance that suites your needs my new farm ive been working on I'd label as an "alternative" method of making money has received no bans for a couple months now.  

It's all about experimentation and trail and error. 

One thing that new botters don't consider when starting out suicide botting is how they will get their suicide accounts. Many think they will just make the accounts, this will be impossible on a large scale. This isn't only because of the shear amount time it takes to create enough accounts but also because your IP will be flagged. This means all new accounts made on this IP will be locked (even accounts you make by hand) as soon as you get through tutorial island. You can go through the process of unlocking them but in my experience the ban rate after doing this is very high. You did allude to residential IP's which is a step in the right direction but if you can get an efficient method of botting tutorial island accounts I would just sell them to other suicide botters.

So you basically can bot the accounts on clean IPs (which can be extremely difficult to find) or buy the accounts with tutorial island already done. Clean IPs add extra cost and might get flagged aswell. Right now it looks like the price/account is 100-200k. Assuming you want to make 7.25 USD/hr (avg minimum wage in US), at 0.6M/USD, you need to make 11.9M/hour. At 50k/hr suicide bots (this would be a good suicide botting method) you would need 238 accounts running. When I did suicide botting the accounts would last 1-2 days depending on the time of week but your mileage may vary. Replacing this many accounts regularly can be very difficult. Also think about the servers and proxies required for this type of operation as they will cut into this profit. PS you want proxies to reduce the chance of all your accounts getting chain banned all at once. The benefit of suicide botting is that a lost account or even multiple lost accounts isn't a big deal and new bots can be started almost instantly.

Your second idea of doing higher requirement methods will make more gp/hr but it has its own issues. Like I mentioned before you still have to make the accounts which can be cumbersome but with the lower ban rates doing it yourself or even buying them is much more manageable. Adding membership means you have to make 5M (a bond) before the account is banned. There are way more methods available for member accounts but im going to assume 500k/hr (making ranarr poitions). That means the account needs to last 10 hours of botting just to make back the investment. After the 10th hour you'd be making about 0.3$/hr per account, which could equate to 7.25$/hr with 25 accounts. This may be way less accounts but you have much more to lose if one or multiple get banned.

I know you likely aren't trying to make 7.25$/hr from botting but it puts things it in perspective. Both options are possible, personally did suicide botting during uni because I didn't have enough money in my bank account to purchase a bond. I would suggest making a spreadsheet of all the expenses and profit you expect for each method type to see which option is the most viable for you.

I personally do not advise anyone to Suicide Bot, as it holds many expenses.

for Suicide Botting, you need:

1) Many Proxies to hold the accounts.

2) Many accounts that are made on rotating Res IPv4 addresses. (you can get that reliably from @depwession)

3) Multiple VPS/Computers (I advise you to go with VPSes as running multiple PCs from where you live raises the electricity bill and that is > than you'll make from suicide botting), and besides... your PCs should have different IPs..

4) Throwing money at flagged proxies, believe me.. tons of proxy providers just rotate their proxies between each other, and they are used widely by botters.. so expect 99.9% of them to be flagged.

So... you have 2 solutions:

1) F2P Bot safely on a unique way, you can request your idea to be scripted by me for free: 

• Use breaks (DreamBot Settings)
    • Use anti-pattern
    • Have 12 accs max on 1 IP.

2) P2P Bot Low # Accounts :

Believe me.. safely botting 10 P2P accounts is much much much less expensive than suicide botting, and it does have a better return, in the case of GP/HR.

- and again if you need your idea scripted, you can use my free service 

That's it!

...and yeah, for proxies.. make your own.

2 solutions for that too! 

1) Buy IPs from your Network Provider and incorporate the IPs on your local PCs/Rasberries.

2) Look for really foreign Dedicated Servers, buy many additional IPv4 address then do the following:

• Divide your Dedicated Server into many partitions(VPSs), and assign each VPS a unique IP address from your collection of IPs you got with the Dedicated Server.
    • Have extra IPs in case on of them gets flagged.. so you can do the old switcharoo and switch the IPs of the flagged VPS IP.
    • Bot safely! You don't wanna flag your IP
    • Limit the amount of bots.

Note: HaleServer provides you with many Dedicated Server locations! Have fun!

That's it!

• 4 months later...

Usually some premium scripts are nearly indetectable, but sometimes you need to go find a remote spot to bot in order for no one to disrupt/report you.

Archived