Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Is This Script Layout Going To Work?

ThatGuyLo

Hello, I am making my first script. I'm not a total scrub at scripting, and am a programming student in college now. 

I just wrote a layout for the script I want to make, and want to make sure that it will work as intended (given I fill in the functions with the correct instructions).

I attached a small .txt file if you dont mind looking at it :)

Here is the intended use:

Go to my desired location (im leaving this unnamed) to loot runes.

Once the bot has looted enough runes (as specified) it will go to bank them, and return. 

if it dies, it will simply return to the location

The slight catch is that there are enemies there and the bot has to get tolerance first by being in the area in a safespot for x amount of time

That's pretty much the jist of it. Rather Simple.

Thanks so much in advance!

RuneLooterLayout.txt

Would be better off using States rather than a ton of nested if statements. (search the forums for basic script videos).

You're also missing the declaration for the class as well as the script manifest.

1 hour ago, NovaGTX said:

Would be better off using States rather than a ton of nested if statements. (search the forums for basic script videos).

You're also missing the declaration for the class as well as the script manifest.

Yeah, I want to use states in my next rendition. I was just using this approach for my first attempt at a working script. 

And yeah, it wasn't meant to be actual code, just an outline. 

Was just checking to see if it will work properly, but I'm almost done writing it now, so hopefully I'll be able to see soon :)

1 hour ago, tweakin said:

Careful... Yeeter may grab that script, tweak it for 5 minutes, and then use it as his own.

Just kidding @yeeter01 ;)

This script is much higher quality than anything I've released in a bit so ya never know~  

On another note since tweak out here calling me out 🙃.  The logic behind the script should work but like Nova suggested I would look into states or nodes.  Even better if you want to go hard in the paint trees with @Articron's framework. https://github.com/articron/Tree-script

Any Q's hmu!

Archived