Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Solo scripting: need for anti-ban or not?

Batko

Hi, I'm currently working on a solo project to set up a very general bot with a lot of functionalities. I've already written a Tutorial island script from scratch that is general and can finish wherever the player starts.

Q: Are anti-bans worth it / needed / useful at all while writing scripts? I've seen people say it's useless, while others say it's needed?

Should I consider random mouse movement functionalities, rotating camera randomly with keys, etc., or just focus on having  a more "realistic" interaction with the world. Meaning for instance not clicking on a rock/tree that re-spawned as soon as it appears on the screen.

Is there any consensus about what to focus on to keep scripts undetectable? I'm not  talking about being able  to run the script for 24hrs straight ban-free, but X hrs a day for a longer period of time.

I don't use it really, the only antiban I have is occasionally moving the mouse off the screen while it's walking. I won't tell you if it's needed or not as I don't know the answer to that but I'll tell you my experiences.

I've had accounts last a few days and accounts last 2 months using the same script. Changing up the script a bit, adding antiban, etc hasn't really affected the way the accounts get banned. I find most of the accounts doing my main money maker last between 3 and 5 weeks without the added antiban so I don't bother trying to make an antiban system anymore. Just make sure your script runs really well and does it as a player would do it. Spend a couple hours doing whatever it is your script is doing and try to mimic that.

You dont really need to think about antiban, as long as your script runs flawlessly.

Occasionally moving the mouse off the screen while walking seems unnecessary, most likely gets picked up as a pattern and will work against you in the end.

Only antiban thing I use is built-in Dreambot break system and pretty rare pauses. And maybe world-hop when there are too many players around. 

For example my hide farmer sometimes stops killing cows, moves mouse off screen and just stand on 1 spot for 30-120 seconds. Maybe player decided to switch youtube video, or goes to toilet or something like that. 

Ok, cool. Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll set them up first and see if  they get easily picked off while running. And maybe later consider adding simple anti-ban things like moving the mouse off screen etc.

Archived