Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Creating accounts

DaffyDubz

So I'm curious how the farmers acquire 50+ or 100+ accounts. I was under the impression that it required a valid email address to create a rs account now. (Gone are the good ol' days) Are people making 100+ email addresses? I'd imagine that would require either many days (or proxies) to counter anti bot methods that free email providers (gmail, etc) have, or one has access to your own domain and email server (exchange, etc) and just create as many email addresses as you have allocated. So I'd like to know what some people are doing? I've used up all of the accounts (that I could remember at least, rip 2008 farm) that are 4000+ days old lol but that's only < 10. Ideas?

Doesnt even need to be a valid domain, if legatus randomly DMs you trying to sell you a guide dont purchase it. 

You do need proxies depending on how many you are making. In my experience run the tutorial island on the same proxy the account is made on. It's a lot of experimentation. 

Imo it's not worth the effort.... I just buy bulk accounts. Saves the headache.

Not really looking to purchase anything lol, and I see a lot of tinfoil hat theories around jagex bot detection. Did they really invest in a data warehouse in order to track millions of users? Because that's the only way they could handle that much data, and has anyone even hacked the client yet to see what info is being relayed back to their servers? Even small amounts of data, multiplied by 100k users at any given second of any given day is a shit ton of data to not only transfer but then write to disk and then process queries. Guess it's never been mentioned by them how much money they've devoted to their bot detection? Seems like a bad business decision on their end, much cheaper to lie in their pr blogs. Then again, selling bonds to kids afraid of gold sites and increasing members 120% could be making up for that investment. Nut honestly They're probably still using the same system as always, flagging accounts that get reported by users lol. If 100% of bots get banned, why do bots still exist? Suicide only?

Sorry for the rant , way off topic, just been reading a lot of posts about bans. Guess the experiments continue lol #NotBannedYet

11 minutes ago, DaffyDubz said:

Ahh so they did actually invest a little at least? man early 2000s was a better time lol. 

Imo a lot more than a little lol. They have one of the best and consistent detection systems in the industry.  Tinfoil hat comment inbound but I think delayed bans were even implemented just to throw off people from being able to find that sorta gray boarder between banned and not banned. 

I think any data they use is data they're already getting, they receive information like mouse location, what you're interacting with, how long you're in the game for, where you're walking, etc

Literally everything they *need* to retrieve just to be an online game, they can use in bot detection. The only investment is how long they keep that data for.

Archived