Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DBlauncher wont open with Java 8

wwoodyard

Hey guys I have been messing with this for a while now. I have been running my scripts through the client.jar (the whole time ive had dreambot (5 months or so) and i just now realized that if you open with the launcher you can get the paint that comes with the scripts (exp tracker ect...)... Ive downloaded java 8 1000 times and uninstalled it (also 1000 times) . On my mac when I type in on the terminal "java -version" it keeps popping up with the 12.0.1 version instead of 8 like im so desperately trying to get the launcher to run on. All attempts to uninstall the java 12 have been unsuccessful. What am I missing?

58018293075__A7FF5920-F4BF-4B8D-A6FA-F2E67BA07CDA (1).JPG

37 minutes ago, wwoodyard said:

I think this also stops me from being able to use proxies since the DBlauncher will not proceed past the launch button. 

If you have Java 8 and it's not accessing it, then run Jarfix.

Find it on google, let me know if it helps you.

3 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

If you have Java 8 and it's not accessing it, then run Jarfix.

Find it on google, let me know if it helps you.

I can't find a Jarfix for Mac for some reason

15 minutes ago, wwoodyard said:

I can't find a Jarfix for Mac for some reason

Ahh right, it's Mac.

You sure you're opening with java? Can you choose what you're opening it with? I found this on google, but I don't have Mac so not 100% sure if this works:

Try selecting the .jar file, command-I to open the Get Info window, and see what is chosen for "Open With".

You should be able to choose "Jar Launcher", since you have Java installed. Then click the Change All button to apply to the other .jar files as well.

As stated above, delete java 12 if possible. It's possible to have both and use both versions at once, but will make it easier if you just uninstall 12.

19 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Ahh right, it's Mac.

You sure you're opening with java? Can you choose what you're opening it with? I found this on google, but I don't have Mac so not 100% sure if this works:

Try selecting the .jar file, command-I to open the Get Info window, and see what is chosen for "Open With".

You should be able to choose "Jar Launcher", since you have Java installed. Then click the Change All button to apply to the other .jar files as well.

As stated above, delete java 12 if possible. It's possible to have both and use both versions at once, but will make it easier if you just uninstall 12.

yeah i've when i get to the open with part it only offers me the 15.0.1 and the archive utility 10.11. when i click other i am not able to find any other java options

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.30.13 PM.png

Archived