Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Unable to launch dreambot

juliobarbone

Hey guys I'm having some trouble with dreambot and its getting pretty frustrating. I downloaded the latest version of java but when  I download dreambot launcher it wants to search in the app store for it. when I click launch dream bot it brings up my downloads window and ask me to save or launch, clicking launch just reopens my downloads window. I'm using Microsoft edge which doesn't support plug-ins such as java but have tried internet explorer with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sounds like you are on windows?

try right clicking, open with..., java 8u211

If that fails, try jarfix

if that doesnt work... try powershell? rightclick DBLauncher.jar, copy, open powershell, type "java -jar" no qoutes, then right click, and enter. Copying the file and right clicking in powershell should paste the absolute path to db launcher, java -jar ensures its ran as a jar file in java.

Thanks for the reply and yes I'm on windows but still can't seem to figure it out. When I try opening with java or jarfix it opens a java tab for a split second then disappears. Maybe there's something wrong with my java installation because when using powershell it didn't recognize jar-fix. I don't want to take up too much of your time I appreciate the help. Should I consider having someone access my computer?

4 hours ago, juliobarbone said:

Yes and I reinstalled it just to be sure everythings working right

If you have java 8 and it's not working then try running jarfix. Can find on google.

Archived