Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Gold Farming Methods, What Type Works For You?

AliasBots

Preferred Gold Farming Category?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What type of gold farming do you prefer?

• Everything I've tried sucks..
      • Combat (Killing things for their drops)
      • Gathering (Woodcutting, Mining, Fishing, etc..)
      • Processing (Buying one thing, turning it into another thing worth more)
      • Shopping (Buying things from vendors and selling them for more on GE)
      • Something Unique (Very few people know about your method)
      • Other

Hey all,

So I've been coding up different methods for a few months now and my earnings are always very low. I'm getting a little frustrated and I thought a discussion on farming might encourage me a little. I understand nobody will tell you exactly what you do, but if you're willing to share in a very general way feel free to vote in the poll or comment in the thread.

Personally, I've tried:
    Shopping: low earnings, no bans
    Processing: medium earnings and high ban rate
    Combat: Just started in this, medium earnings.

All my scripts (I only run my own code)  have earned under 100k/hr. I'm starting to think that getting over the 100k mark requires accounts that are leveled up a decent amount to get to the less worked methods. I considered doing this with processing (cooking and crafting) but I was noticing higher ban rates with low-level processing in GE. I thought about gathering but I'm guessing I'd get more reports than in other options with everyone fighting over limited resources. I'm starting to work on some progressive combat code hoping that will work for me, but man it's a lot of work.

Any input is appreciated, keep farming fam. I know we are technically all in competition with each other, but I believe in all of you and want us all to succeed.

I run a bot that gives GP away and it usually makes more GP than it gives away. 

Talk about some big brained plays. 

8 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

I run a bot that gives GP away and it usually makes more GP than it gives away. 

Talk about some big brained plays. 

LOL, that's actually really funny.

I see a lot of bots that beg. It makes you wonder how effective that is.

9 minutes ago, AliasBots said:

LOL, that's actually really funny.

I see a lot of bots that beg. It makes you wonder how effective that is.

begging isn't.  Offer to give money away tho and karma is good to you.

2 minutes ago, AliasBots said:

How much do you normally give?

its randomized, I wont go into details but the best night I have had I turned 10m into 59m in ~10 hours with 2 bots running.  

There are days that 10m turns into 0m as well.

All risk and reward and experimentation.  Running these bots everyday of the week also results in less/no profit as well because anyone who would give you money already has.  I tend to run them a couple times every week in rotation with my normal bot setup which is all market speculation based. 

4 hours ago, herblawunf said:

what bots do u use?

What do you mean? I don't use any on the SDN other than #1 questing for tutorial island. Everything else I code myself.

4 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

its randomized, I wont go into details but the best night I have had I turned 10m into 59m in ~10 hours with 2 bots running.  

There are days that 10m turns into 0m as well.

All risk and reward and experimentation.  Running these bots everyday of the week also results in less/no profit as well because anyone who would give you money already has.  I tend to run them a couple times every week in rotation with my normal bot setup which is all market speculation based. 

This is such a funny method. Talk about reverse psychology lol. Thanks for the info, I wont use that method (unless I get bored) but it definitely gets my creative juices flowing.

My goal right now is progressive combat. I figure if I can farm high level accounts that should turn into money either through late game farming strategies or selling accounts. I need to do more late game research though. 

I just got progressive processing working pretty well, but I found with one account I can completely close the margins for everything pestle and keep them closed. It only earned me about 100k hourly and gets accounts banned faster than other options. Maybe I just need to add cooking and crafting.. idk man.

3 minutes ago, AliasBots said:

This is such a funny method. Talk about reverse psychology lol. Thanks for the info, I wont use that method (unless I get bored) but it definitely gets my creative juices flowing.

My goal right now is progressive combat. I figure if I can farm high level accounts that should turn into money either through late game farming strategies or selling accounts. I need to do more late game research though. 

I just got progressive processing working pretty well, but I found with one account I can completely close the margins for everything pestle and keep them closed. It only earned me about 100k hourly and gets accounts banned faster than other options. Maybe I just need to add cooking and crafting.. idk man.

bans are going to happen, just take them into consideration.  Either write a script to rotate 12 accounts every 2 hours or 24 accounts every hour.  Ideally if your script is written well enough and randomized enough between each instance the accounts wont get detected with only an hour or two of run time a day.  That is what I did when I was running barrows worked like a charm other than the intial investment of buying 12+ barrows accounts. 

Archived