Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Empty dialogue solver

AnArChon

Every once in a while, my f2p suicide bots get a dialogue box that doesn't contain anything. Only way to solve this is to walk to another tile. This can be done per script, but I think it would be better to make a bot-level solver for it.

This "random event" is very common on low level f2p accounts when doing the 7qp quests, less common on higher levels.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nuclear Nezz

I found another type of random event in this category: All menus, buttons and inventory items go blank and nothing on the main game screen can be interacted with (Upper left corner doesn't show text when objects are hovered and also nothing can be clicked). Everything went back to normal after I clicked the run/prayer orbs. This is clearly a way to test if a human is playing, because a human goes full ape and clicks everything after things go unresponsive.

Error: di.y() f.g() | di:1170 p:404 ar:354 by:3700 bk:11359 client:6080 client:2728 client:1000 bf:359 bf:338 Thread:748 | java.lang.NullPointerException | 840 274 2502

From the logs I can see that the above error is what occurred with the "random event". I'm using a self-written script that doesn't have outputs like this, so this must be a client error.

2 minutes ago, AnArChon said:

@Nuclear Nezz

I found another type of random event in this category: All menus, buttons and inventory items go blank and nothing on the main game screen can be interacted with (Upper left corner doesn't show text when objects are hovered and also nothing can be clicked). Everything went back to normal after I clicked the run/prayer orbs. This is clearly a way to test if a human is playing, because a human goes full ape and clicks everything after things go unresponsive.

Sounds like that could just be an RS bug, tbh.

I don't think I would add it in as a solver, we'd have to be checking the widgets, and I don't even know if the information that we see is populated or not. We may see everything as normal programmatically, in which case there's nothing we'd really be able to do.

That's adding stress on an issue that doesn't happen very often, and it seems to be more likely in certain areas, where you could just add failsafes to your script for it.

I have seen the bug happen, usually for me it's at the bank, but that's pretty rare and the account still lasts a long time afterwards, so I'm not sure they really use it to find bots.

Yeah the latter case in fact happened when trying to bank at the GE. Really could be that the client goes to a broken banking state.

The first case happens when the bots do stuff with dialogues, so probably the dialogue loading has just broken.

So you're pretty much right I'd guess. Should probably not overthink this shit and realize that the detection methods are probably just a narrow set of heuristics instead of an elaborate box of majicks lol

Archived