Welcome to DreamBot

VIP Enhancement

Want to upgrade your DreamBot experience? Consider signing up for VIP!
VIP allows you to run as many accounts as you want, view the forums ad-free, receive 10% off all script purchases, and so much more!
Visit the store to learn about all of these great features!

Upgrade to VIP Now
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Make sure you have Java 8 installed
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS gold? You can purchase vouchers from another users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox

DreamBot is the only Deadman Mode supported bot on the market!

Download the DreamBot client today!

Sign in to follow this  
Hashtag

OSRS Update 04/11/2019

2 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I mean like couldn't you possibly get another developer in a different time zone Nezz? Obviously we can't expect you to change your plans for an OSRS update, but I'm sure it would help if someone had your back for updates like this.

As far as auto updates, we had those, but there are a few hooks that I still need to manually grab, just due to the fact that they break really often.

Like I said, you don't pay me enough for that. I'm traveling, it's not like this is how it is every Thursday. I'm pretty sure this is the first Thursday that you've had to wait longer than a few hours for an update to be fixed, most of the time I get them within an hour. We're not going to pay someone to get something done that only very rarely *sometimes* needs to happen.

On the other hand, now that I'm here the updates come around at about 6pm for me, instead of 5am. The only reason it took long was because I went from being on a plane for 14 hours, to being in a country that doesn't allow much internet activity (china) to being on a plane again for 4 hours. So really I should be able to react quicker to these updates.

Y'all can wait a day once a year.

3 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

As far as auto updates, we had those, but there are a few hooks that I still need to manually grab, just due to the fact that they break really often.

Like I said, you don't pay me enough for that. I'm traveling, it's not like this is how it is every Thursday. I'm pretty sure this is the first Thursday that you've had to wait longer than a few hours for an update to be fixed, most of the time I get them within an hour. We're not going to pay someone to get something done that only very rarely *sometimes* needs to happen.

On the other hand, now that I'm here the updates come around at about 6pm for me, instead of 5am. The only reason it took long was because I went from being on a plane for 14 hours, to being in a country that doesn't allow much internet activity (china) to being on a plane again for 4 hours. So really I should be able to react quicker to these updates.

Alright.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as rude or anything. It was meant just to be a suggestion. Sorry we do not pay you enough :S

I must admit I was a bit more salty than some other people because I wasn't able to use dreambot for 3-4 days. Not just one day. (My gold farm relies on world hopping and I use it to pay some bills IRL, due tomorrow). Sorry for that, also.

With that being said it seems like the new update has fixed that problem with world hopping, so thanks.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

7 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

o shit u in china now thats dope, have a good time m8

10 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Alright.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as rude or anything. It was meant just to be a suggestion. Sorry we do not pay you enough :S

I must admit I was a bit more salty than some other people because I wasn't able to use dreambot for 3-4 days. Not just one day. (My gold farm relies on world hopping and I use it to pay some bills IRL, due tomorrow). Sorry for that, also.

With that being said it seems like the new update has fixed that problem with world hopping, so thanks.

3 or 4 days? I have a feeling the world hopping may be an issue on your end, as I tried to replicate it and was unable to. Especially since it has now fixed itself. It could be lag, or something along those lines maybe. I'll see if I can throw in a few extra checks for it, though.

I mean it's not that it was rude or anything. I just got a little tilted that the one day I wasn't able to do an update everyone started suggesting I'm unable to do my work, as if this is what happens every Thursday. As we all know, it's not. On update days(at home), I get up at 5 am for this shit.

5 hours ago, Akris said:

Following method is returning null because a hook is broken: getInventory().getSelectedItemName(). Can you fix this hook?

Fixed.

2 hours ago, Nex said:

o shit u in china now thats dope, have a good time m8

Ye ye, doing a bit of a SE Asia trek atm. When this is over it'll be back to the grind for a good while.

23 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

3 or 4 days? I have a feeling the world hopping may be an issue on your end, as I tried to replicate it and was unable to. Especially since it has now fixed itself. It could be lag, or something along those lines maybe. I'll see if I can throw in a few extra checks for it, though.

I mean it's not that it was rude or anything. I just got a little tilted that the one day I wasn't able to do an update everyone started suggesting I'm unable to do my work, as if this is what happens every Thursday. As we all know, it's not. On update days(at home), I get up at 5 am for this shit.

Fixed.

Ye ye, doing a bit of a SE Asia trek atm. When this is over it'll be back to the grind for a good while.

Well done, it all works now. I didn't notice any other issues so far.