Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Jagex's bot algorthim detection system - IDEA

Di_k He_d

18 hours ago, Di_k He_d said:

First of all, I feel honored that the administrator/developer of dreambot was the 1st to comment and saying my ideas are interesting. <3

Secondly, I really think you should maybe do some tests and have a script watch the cache for changes or something, it would explain why a bot which hasn't been programmed to interact with an NPC will accidentally click that NPC, or walk to a wrong tile, depsite it not being programmed in with that ID or tile coordinates... or a delay in the interface loading which causes the bot to repeat itself until the interface disappears (I.E. tanning leather, click tan all and the interface stays for 1.5 seconds causing the bot to try and tan all again).

Live updating cache seems to me like the perfect way to catch a bot... and you got to think as well, if Jagex knew that by instantly updating the cache rather than waiting 2 or 3 hours before doing it then the bot developers would learn this and instantly find a solution, so they would hide the method... Please check the cache and let me know if you find anything, I would feel great knowing that I helped defeat one of Jagex's bot detection methods.

Dreambots model being paying once for a script and unlimited instances, literally makes this bot live up to its name, I was over the moon when I learned I only had to pay once for a script to use on multiple accounts and run as many as I please... I <3 Dreambot.

;)

I'm almost positive the only time the cache is updated is on boot, I can always check again, but I did a lot of digging when we started having our issues with the cache not updating correctly (or something along those lines) after a Thursday update. They check for cache on boot, then download if necessary. I don't believe they're able to do a live change of the cache, as the files will remain in use until they close them in the game.

I would guess any of those sorts of issues you have in a script are either from a poor logic script (eg: It does 8 things in a row without checking if any of them actually succeeded) or just from a general misclick (if your fps is set too low, you can have issues as well)

5 hours ago, Infidel said:

If you have anything solid to those claims. Please don't leave us in the dark and share your sources. Until then it's speculation that Jagex will ban legitimate players for acting like a bot. There is more factors involved in bans then just playing 24 hours chopping wood.

Edit: To not deviate off topic, I believe the main factors involved are; exp-gained vs play-time vs creation-time vs times-reported. I have tested this logic multiple times, which is the same reasons why I no longer purchase rested accounts straight off tutorial island. You now have common ground to work with. 

There are many reports from players who claim that they were banned without botting. Of course, they might be lying but I doubt that everyone is lying. Other than this, you can't prove it unless a mod states it. However, there is no point debating about a false positives since there is no such thing as the perfect system so what I stated  either happened or is bound to happen. My point is that they review accounts superficially and if there is a high possibilty that the user is a bot they will just ban the account. I don't want to convince you on anything,  I'm just stating my opinion

On 2/9/2019 at 5:37 PM, Nuclear Nezz said:

I'm fairly certain everything id related is in the cache, so they'd have to be live updating the cache (but tbh I could be wrong on this, it's not something I've paid a ton of attention to)
    From my experience, a lot of the "false ban" reports are not false.

Definitely interesting ideas all around, though.

nah they dont do any uid stuff thru the cache

I've been false banned on an account before and had it quashed because of runelite's world hopper. There are 100% legitimate false bans, but they are very very rare. Jagex has an enormous sample size of known bot profiles to cross-reference from which is why I believe they are so accurate in banning new accounts.

• 1 year later...
    Guest Vonner12

Like ive been botting for 1.5 months....but suddenly banned today.....did they catch me this day only or was i watched throughout?

Archived