Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Jagex's bot algorthim detection system - IDEA

Di_k He_d

Have you ever noticed how if you have a high total level then you can bot for WAY longer than you would be able to on a low level or a level 3 fresh off tutorial island?

I believe Jagex use a system which filters out the normal players from the abnormal players, after they filter out the abnormal players they then inspect manually or watch for irregular jerky/repeated mouse movements, they have also been caught switching the bot to another world and teleporting to lumbridge right before banning them (because the bot would break being teleported to lumbridge), I believe they also do things like switch round object IDs to see if the bot clicks the wrong object (dreambot developer wouldn't know if they do this, because Jagex might only try this after they suspect botting for longer than X hours - to hide the method).

I believe they filter out players by calculating their average XP/GP gains, their total playtime, their total level, how long they spend playing on average (is there a sudden increase, such as 3 hours average every day to suddenly 9 hours every day).

You have to think, they must have a way to detect after all, and I believe the only logical way is using algorithms, that's when they put you to the test.

I just thought as well, when mods show bot banning, how do they know it's a bot?

Thoughts guys, tell me what you think of my idea, feel free to share your own :)

Also to add to further proof, there are reports from people saying they were banned but were not botting, they report that they were doing something repeatedly for hours on end, like on mobile just tapping a cannon for 6 hours straight (real post that I read)

I'm fairly certain everything id related is in the cache, so they'd have to be live updating the cache (but tbh I could be wrong on this, it's not something I've paid a ton of attention to)
    From my experience, a lot of the "false ban" reports are not false.

Definitely interesting ideas all around, though.

Yes. They filter players that have abnormal characteristics. Above average playtime/day, above average clicks/unit of time ...etc. They also compare your player profile with known bot profiles from their database. If overall you deviate too much from a normal player you will get banned. The reason the system works so well is because they don't ban with knowing for sure that you're a bot. In the past they banned players that played very efficient like Autumn Elegy who used to do streams of 24hours and used AHK and played overall very efficient.

40 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

I'm fairly certain everything id related is in the cache, so they'd have to be live updating the cache (but tbh I could be wrong on this, it's not something I've paid a ton of attention to)

First of all, I feel honored that the administrator/developer of dreambot was the 1st to comment and saying my ideas are interesting. <3

Secondly, I really think you should maybe do some tests and have a script watch the cache for changes or something, it would explain why a bot which hasn't been programmed to interact with an NPC will accidentally click that NPC, or walk to a wrong tile, depsite it not being programmed in with that ID or tile coordinates... or a delay in the interface loading which causes the bot to repeat itself until the interface disappears (I.E. tanning leather, click tan all and the interface stays for 1.5 seconds causing the bot to try and tan all again).

Live updating cache seems to me like the perfect way to catch a bot... and you got to think as well, if Jagex knew that by instantly updating the cache rather than waiting 2 or 3 hours before doing it then the bot developers would learn this and instantly find a solution, so they would hide the method... Please check the cache and let me know if you find anything, I would feel great knowing that I helped defeat one of Jagex's bot detection methods.

Dreambots model being paying once for a script and unlimited instances, literally makes this bot live up to its name, I was over the moon when I learned I only had to pay once for a script to use on multiple accounts and run as many as I please... I <3 Dreambot.

26 minutes ago, ozeki6 said:

Yes. They filter players that have abnormal characteristics. Above average playtime/day, above average clicks/unit of time ...etc. They also compare your player profile with known bot profiles from their database. If overall you deviate too much from a normal player you will get banned. The reason the system works so well is because they don't ban with knowing for sure that you're a bot. In the past they banned players that played very efficient like Autumn Elegy who used to do streams of 24hours and used AHK and played overall very efficient.

Exactly :) I'm guessing someone has already figured out the algorithm but for obvious reasons cannot make it public otherwise eventually Jagex will find a new anti bot solution.

8 hours ago, Di_k He_d said:

Exactly :) I'm guessing someone has already figured out the algorithm but for obvious reasons cannot make it public otherwise eventually Jagex will find a new anti bot solution.

Guess someone could've, but im pretty sure the "algorithm" changes constantly. Also, if not mentioned: a thing to take into consideration is how much money is put in to the account. I've been botting for almost a decade on my main account, which has had a constant membership and that i've bought a few bonds too. I think they turn a blind eye on recurring profitable players who are botting for their own gain, not ruining the economy by massfarming.

4 hours ago, Infidel said:

I wish I was as nice as @Nuclear Nezz but I don't find these concepts interesting.

1. Live cache updating is highly unlikely method for catching / detecting bots imo, when they have other outlets, such as; Heat-maps, hot-spots, invisible randoms, known patterns, etc.
    2. I don't see how teleporting a bot to Lumbridge would cause it to break, unless its something underground with no walk back. Not to often I see scripts that require you to "only" start them in a selected location. Most scripts can be started anywhere on the map and will reach their destinations.
    3. On rare cases, I believe they manually do reviews of accounts. But not to the existent most believe. 
    4. There is many variables that can cause a mis-click using any script. Latency, available client resources, etc all play a part in how your script will behave. Slow computational power = slow, choppy script / client. I wouldn't blame Jagex for mis-clicks. The script will know that's not a valid match and simply won't interact. "But the doors open when I didn't script those in!" - Yeah, that's a client bug.
    5. Delays in interfaces are most likely caused due to your connection / server connection. If you lag in game, you won't get that dialogue right off the bat, it will be delayed like everything else in game. Again, most scripts have flags in place that check stages of the script and to not continue an action until previous action has cleared. Ex. Waits / Sleeps until dialogue has closed before continuing next step.
    6. Yes, Dreambot is a beautiful platform to use for botting, but there are many scripts that requires a monthly subscription to continue usage and you are paying a monthly premium for unlimited instances. It's all perks and benefits of being a contributor. All perks and benefits, if used correctly, will double their weight in gold.
    7. I can agree with experience gained vs play-time vs account age vs player reports.
    8. I don't believe in false bans. If you are banned in game, there was a reason for it.

You're more than welcome to change my mind.

8. Being false banned doesn't mean there was no reason. It means you were suspected of being a bot. If you try to play like a bot (which is pretty hard but possible) you will eventually be banned.

15 hours ago, ozeki6 said:

They banned Autumn Elegy for using AHK after AHK was considered a bannable offence, also the reason he was caught was because of a video he made. 

39 minutes ago, Koschei said:

They banned Autumn Elegy for using AHK after AHK was considered a bannable offence, also the reason he was caught was because of a video he made. 

Hmm. Anyway, my point is that any bot-like players will get banned even if they aren't bots. 

Archived