Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Account Hacked by Who?

Hagath

Well, the titel says it all, recently i startet using the Bot again(2 Days ago) and the Bot (only using 1) got hacked for it's supplies.

I was using 5 different Scripts during that time, #1BlastFurnance, Pandemics Rooftops, lilys Rooftop Agility, Mining Pro and Nano Miner.

The Bot's Account detail were saved in the Clients Accounts section for easy Start and Relogging, no Bank Pin issued (even tho it would not matter since that info would be open to the Bot aswell)

(It happend overnight while i let it run Blast Furnance)

Do i have to fear the scripts now aswell beside Jagex to ruin my Account(s) ?

Whats up with that?

Store scripts are checked for malicious intent by both programmatic and human review. Dreambot and our official scripts have nothing to do with you being hacked.

Smells like a rat. Rat by definition https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/RAT-remote-access-Trojan

Before I continue, I would like to say that the probability of you getting a rat from a script is extremely unlikely.   The reason i'd say it smells like a RAT is the fact that you left the account running over night and woke up hacked (if i'm reading that correctly?  Otherwise probably just a keylogger).  A RAT would allow someone to access your computer, pause the script, hack the account, then continue the scripts w/o your knowledge.  To someone who isn't familiar or experienced them before, you would be tempted to blame the script/program you were using at the time as that is the most logical thing to you.  

Either way, sorry about your account. 

If you believe you've been hacked you should run malwarebytes or something similar and if nothing comes up then you may have gotten your inventory cleared by Jagex which I've heard has been done for members in the past (though not when the bot was running..)

If not one of those, maybe someone got your account combo through a database leak elsewhere? It makes no sense to think DreamBot would allow malicious scripts in the first place but to think that people on this forum run millions-billions daily but they decided to go for yours is kinda silly.

No matter what it is GL on recovery! :)

1 hour ago, sr24 said:

Smells like a rat. Rat by definition https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/RAT-remote-access-Trojan

Before I continue, I would like to say that the probability of you getting a rat from a script is extremely unlikely.   The reason i'd say it smells like a RAT is the fact that you left the account running over night and woke up hacked (if i'm reading that correctly?  Otherwise probably just a keylogger).  A RAT would allow someone to access your computer, pause the script, hack the account, then continue the scripts w/o your knowledge.  To someone who isn't familiar or experienced them before, you would be tempted to blame the script/program you were using at the time as that is the most logical thing to you.  

Either way, sorry about your account. 

All right, Yea, you read that right, but the Bot was probably already finished with it's Task. Lucky i only lost about 15mil.
    And thanks for the Help.

Oh, and just to clarify, i do not blame Dreambot or any of it's Scripts i was just curiour where the problem could've come from. (Sorry if i sounded otherwise)

4 hours ago, Articron said:

Store scripts are checked for malicious intent by both programmatic and human review. Dreambot and our official scripts have nothing to do with you being hacked.

Okay, thanks to mark that off for me 🙂

1 hour ago, Deus Aureae said:

those double xp streams on Twitch got you

Im lost on that one, i watch 3 Streams on Twitch, B0aty, Faux and some Dead by Daylight streamer. (I do no brows the Runescape directory or something like that)

35 minutes ago, kawaiigoth21 said:

If you believe you've been hacked you should run malwarebytes or something similar and if nothing comes up then you may have gotten your inventory cleared by Jagex which I've heard has been done for members in the past (though not when the bot was running..)

If not one of those, maybe someone got your account combo through a database leak elsewhere? It makes no sense to think DreamBot would allow malicious scripts in the first place but to think that people on this forum run millions-billions daily but they decided to go for yours is kinda silly.

No matter what it is GL on recovery! :)

Oh, i strongly believe the bot was done somewhen during night... But i'll look into the malwarebyte scan.

Okay, yea... i thought that too...maybe i was just unlucky in this scenario 😕

Lucky i only lost about 15mil from a Bot Account, my Main is safe. 

##EDIT :   Oh, and thanks for all the help and input :)

Archived