Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Is it possible to lose items while using Interact "Use"?

Chichoo

Hi all,

I'm very new to scripting and I've been working on a NPC trading script, I wouldn't want to give out the method just yet since it's a work in progress and slow returns in profit, but if it becomes successful after testing it may be released into the wild.

The question is as follows: If the script is only programmed to either "Use" an item and "Bank" an item, is it possible to completely lose, say about a stack of 7000 items all in one go - disappeared as if they were dropped? This is more of an OSRS mechanic than a script bug perhaps but logically this shouldn't ever happen.

What is meant to happen: "Use" interact with an NPC, continue dialogue with space, and repeat until inventory full. Then banks the items and loops. There is no drop feature or trade feature in use so I'm not sure what actually happened. 

If anyone has any suggestions would you like to relay them to me?

--I am going to start implementing a pick up dropped items function and to limit the amount of items used per inventory.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:00 PM, Nuclear Nezz said:

Uhh no, no that should not happen.

You'd have to post code for us to really see what you're doing, for us to know if it's anything that could be errored out on your end or not.

[redacted]

3 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

Yeah I don't see anything that would cause you to drop items. Are you sure they're getting dropped?

I actually don't know if they're getting dropped or not. Any time I'm monitoring it, the script runs fine, but when I left it for a few hours on its own it would sometimes make the leaves disappear. I've reduced the batch size to about 500 at a time hopefully that's a band-aid solution..

9 hours ago, Chichoo said:

I actually don't know if they're getting dropped or not. Any time I'm monitoring it, the script runs fine, but when I left it for a few hours on its own it would sometimes make the leaves disappear. I've reduced the batch size to about 500 at a time hopefully that's a band-aid solution..

I guess the best I can think of is maybe to just do a screen recording and let it run, see if you can catch it dropping them or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Dye script?

Jagex makes woads have "drop" randomly instead of "use" as first option to combat bots making blue dyes after x amount of time playing, to disrupt your script.  You could either make a failsafe to look on floor for the woads, or make your own interaction methods, or somethin'.

If this isn't your method (although it sounds like it is), then perhaps the ideology is the same.   I'm aware I'm 10 days late, but at least now ya know.

Archived