Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Proxy's and Multiple Bots

Xinaal

I have since found a proxy service that is residential to the US, is IPv4, and uses SOCKS5. I only grabbed 2 proxies as they were significantly more pricey than the ones I previously used. I set both up and played them both exactly the same again. Only this time I went and leveled up some combats first 20/20/10. 1 account has been permanently banned after less than 10 hours, the other has not yet been. Both had authenticators setup, totally different naming conventions. The only difference between the acc that was banned and not banned is the account that is not yet banned has a pending bank pin. I used only the dreambot client to employ the proxies and ran no scripts.

Any further thoughts on what happened I welcome.

2 hours ago, Xinaal said:

I have since found a proxy service that is residential to the US, is IPv4, and uses SOCKS5. I only grabbed 2 proxies as they were significantly more pricey than the ones I previously used. I set both up and played them both exactly the same again. Only this time I went and leveled up some combats first 20/20/10. 1 account has been permanently banned after less than 10 hours, the other has not yet been. Both had authenticators setup, totally different naming conventions. The only difference between the acc that was banned and not banned is the account that is not yet banned has a pending bank pin. I used only the dreambot client to employ the proxies and ran no scripts.

Any further thoughts on what happened I welcome.

how hard are you running these bots? I personally only recommend a few hours here and there. If you are going too hard, id just say you are suiciding.

I will reiterate, I have not ran a script or the actual bot yet. I have only used the Dreambot client in order to use the proxies. And I'd have played them for around 4-5 hours manually. Then left for X hours then the account would be banned.

6 minutes ago, Xinaal said:

I will reiterate, I have not ran a script or the actual bot yet. I have only used the Dreambot client in order to use the proxies. And I'd have played them for around 4-5 hours manually. Then left for X hours then the account would be banned.

I don't use any proxies or anything special. I use the client and the scripts (I pay for mine) and run them. Do a few hours here and there.. been doing this on and off for a while and ive had no issues.

I run proxies as I've been banned on my main IP address and cannot bot on it anymore. I play legitimately on my main, and as a side project I'm running skilling bots. I too only use premium scripts. I botted a previous main account for 11 months for 10+ hours a day with no issue. I only got banned once I stupidly ran a 2nd bot on the same IP.

13 minutes ago, Xinaal said:

I run proxies as I've been banned on my main IP address and cannot bot on it anymore. I play legitimately on my main, and as a side project I'm running skilling bots. I too only use premium scripts. I botted a previous main account for 11 months for 10+ hours a day with no issue. I only got banned once I stupidly ran a 2nd bot on the same IP.

yeah man I honestly have no input for you. nothing of any value anyway. I have no clue why they'd ban you for just using this client if no scripts are running on it.

Final update: The 2nd account I was running has now also been banned, as well as another one I made on a brand new proxie after just 3 hours of play. I am not too sure how it's happening, but I commend Jagex. I give up lol

• 2 years later...

sounds like you got a pretty detectable script to me, I am running free scripts and have had multiple accounts running 2-6 hours a day for a week or so now

• 3 months later...
    • 5 weeks later...

i dont think whether it be residential or not has anything to do with it.  I use proxy6 and am able to constantly get my accounts unbanned, and not always detectable right away. Use the ip checker script to make sure if your IP is the same as the proxy you are using. 

Archived