Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Proxy's and Multiple Bots

Xinaal

As a bit of a side project to playing my main legitimately I got myself setup with this bot program to run 4 woodcutting bots. Here is what happened:

- Made brand new accounts

- Acquired 4 separate IP addresses to setup proxy's with dreambot

- Signed into each of the new accounts with their respective unique IP's and manually walked them through tutorial island and got them to 30 woodcutting manually.

- I have yet to initiate a bot/script on any of the 4 accounts. I woke up this morning, all 4 accounts are banned for macroing majors.

Notes:

- All 4 accounts had very similar naming conventions

- I played all 4 accounts simultaneously executing the same actions at the same time (1 window at a time).

- I have been banned on my home IP several times on prior accounts before I was educated about proxy's.

Any thoughts on how I got perma banned for macroing major in less than 24 hours without having initiated the actual bot? I just played out of the dreambot client so I could use the proxy's. I'd like to give this one more try.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you are buying the proxies from a reliable seller?

It's known for example that many VPS sellers that promote RuneScape botting are flagged and you pretty much are killing your own accounts by using them.

Could be the same with your proxies!

5 minutes ago, Xinaal said:

What do you mean by residential? I know the IP's they provided are all within the US.

In general, residential IP address is an IP address allocated to home users. It is not for commercial or data center usage.

If you want to know if one IP address has been classified as residential IP address, you can use the free IP2Location demo and look under the usage type section. If it is “ISP” or “ISP/MOB”, then it is a residential IP address. It is a data center range if the result is “DCH”.

https://www.ip2location.com/demo

Also you can get in contact with the seller and just ask them the question.

Apparently they do not offer residential addresses. If anyone has suggestions for a good service for my purposes I would appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Xinaal said:

Apparently they do not offer residential addresses. If anyone has suggestions for a good service for my purposes I would appreciate it.

I don't have an exact service, I might look for one soon though if my current experiment with IPs doesn't work. I'm trying to make it look like I am playing on a 4g phone connection. :D

Archived