Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Suggestions to prevent being caught?

vladimirakach

I've botted before and know the risks, but how good is their ability to find bots? ive seen people say dont bot for more than 8 hours, and it's a good idea to mix things up or even mix in actual gameplay. I don't plan on botting unless im at my computer and only for short periods of time. Wondering if this is an okay method or if theres anything safer.

I think the script you are using is quite important as many of the popular free scripts can be easily detected, but as long as you are using them for short periods of the time you should be okay.  I try not to bot for over two hours without at least taking a break and a max of 8 hours a day. Try and monitor your bot to ensure your script isn't acting abnormally and so you can reply to anyone talking, the detection system seems heavily reliant on reports from other players.

Also depends on what you're botting, I've found ban rates are significantly higher with say runecrafting or woodcutting as opposed to combat.

8 hours ago, Vhagar said:

I think the script you are using is quite important as many of the popular free scripts can be easily detected, but as long as you are using them for short periods of the time you should be okay.  I try not to bot for over two hours without at least taking a break and a max of 8 hours a day. Try and monitor your bot to ensure your script isn't acting abnormally and so you can reply to anyone talking, the detection system seems heavily reliant on reports from other players.

Also depends on what you're botting, I've found ban rates are significantly higher with say runecrafting or woodcutting as opposed to combat.

how long do your accounts last?

11 hours ago, Vhagar said:

heavily reliant on reports from other players

This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard lmao. Player reports do absolutely nothing.

7 hours ago, NovaGTX said:

This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard lmao. Player reports do absolutely nothing.

Obviously you can't know, it could be coincidence for when I've been banned but some of my scripts have never resulted in a ban until a player literally called me out, reported me and a few hours later I was banned. To say they do nothing is absurd.

To be fair I think 'heavily reliant' is overkill but imo it depends what you're doing, something highly repetitive is easier to automatically detect.

10 hours ago, testrobot22 said:

how long do your accounts last?

Depends tbh I've had some accounts which get banned pretty fast in f2p and others get to ~10M xp+, ban rates seem a lot higher on fresh accounts and f2p in general.

9 hours ago, NovaGTX said:

They review reports. I remember a post on twitter where the mod said that a player reported a bot like 100 times or something similar.

6 hours ago, ozeki6 said:

They review reports. I remember a post on twitter where the mod said that a player reported a bot like 100 times or something similar.

I'm fairly certain reports are the last thing they review though. It's way too time-consuming and inefficient for them to rely on player reports.

3 hours ago, NovaGTX said:

I'm fairly certain reports are the last thing they review though. It's way too time-consuming and inefficient for them to rely on player reports.

Very true if they only manually check reports but they could also increase the likelihood of an account being closely monitored maybe?

Where monitoring all accounts to the same degree would be infeasible.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyway, to answer this persons question lol.

1. Use well received scripts. Some of the free scripts are perfectly fine, just mind the ratings/reviews. There is a free fishing script I've used for weeks without issue.

2. Do not run the bot for extended periods of time (8+ hours etc). Have it play for a randomized sets of hours and configure it to take random breaks for random durations.

3. Do not have it running the same script for a week+ at a time. Either give it a break every now and then or have it run other scripts.

4. Do not play OR BOT multiple accounts on the same IP. If you want to have 1 account strictly be a bot (and 1 you play legit), get a proxy, make the bot account on the proxy, and play it on the proxy.

5. Diversify the account a little bit. Don't just train 1 or 2 skills to 99 right off the bat and do nothing but grind those. 

My background: I ran a bot account for ~11 months without issues. I messed up and ran a 2nd bot on my same (home) IP address and both accounts were banned the next morning. The next 8 accounts botted on my home IP were banned in less than 24 hours. I've spent the last week figuring out the proper way to setup/use proxys and have not yet had an issue.

- I have left the bot client to run for 3 days without any interaction from me without issue. I just had the play/break intervals set properly.

Archived