Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • possible issue with getDialogues()

Bmc

I was updating my mcmonk script, and noticed that the code I'm using to select a dialogue option to gain access to the edgeville monestary was no longer working.

I vaguely remeber there being 3 options in the second window, and now there's 2 (maybe there were always 2 i dont recall)

either way, here is the use case:

1. click on the ladder

2. monk interrupts, space to continue to second dialogue pane. (this works with s.getDialogues().spaceToContinue())

3. once on a screen where there are other options besides just continuing (second dialogue screen), I check 

s.getDialogues().canEnterInput()

which incorrectly returns false, as the player is in a dialogue. I tried getDialogues().getOptions(), but am unable to loop through that array and log the options without getting an exception.

here is the relevant code I'm using:

if(s.getDialogues().canContinue()) {
        s.getDialogues().spaceToContinue();
    }else if(s.getDialogues().canEnterInput()){
        s.getDialogues().chooseOption("Well can I join your order?"); //or....
        s.getDialogues().chooseOption(1); //doesnt matter cus this if statement never validates to true.
    }

it should be noted that this dialogue doesn't get started by talking to an npc, rather by clicking on a ladder, which might effect things, idk.

27 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

It hasn't been touched in a minute.

I'd suggest using like getDialogues().getOptionIndex("your text") > 0

thanks, got it working

getOptions() returns a string array of possible options. You could iterate through that to check if it exists, but i actually havent seen any errors thrown when I try to click an option that doesn't exist so I dont know if its necessary to check if it exists before clicking. Not sure though

getOptionIndex(String) will return the index of an option based on the string

Archived