Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • GE noob question

dividendz

Will BUYING GE items remain at a fixed price?

I need a team of 10+ bots buying from the GE, per world, per hour. Like this, will this consistent buying affect the price to go up later by any chance? If so, is there a way to measure or estimate the data?

I couldn't find info.

1 hour ago, FrostBuck said:

trying to stock-up on items from the GE?

Depends on how many people are buying/selling outside the median price.

💵 💵 💵 💵 💵 💵

Yes, I'm the one who will buy items per day. 

Edit: On second thought, my method's not really affecting the market. Nevermind.

Good to know how it works though!

Items in the GE are real-time prices. If you're buying 100,000 of an item and there are only 20,000 being sold, then naturally it will go up if it's in demand by other players who want it more than you.

2 hours ago, Xephy said:

Items in the GE are real-time prices. If you're buying 100,000 of an item and there are only 20,000 being sold, then naturally it will go up if it's in demand by other players who want it more than you.

I see. How about when items are traded or sold to OSRS characters (e.g. questkeepers). Wouldn't those items go back into the GE? That could put prices back at equilibrium.

2 minutes ago, dividendz said:

I see. How about when items are traded or sold to OSRS characters (e.g. questkeepers). Wouldn't those items go back into the GE? That could put prices back at equilibrium.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "OSRS characters". The only items that are available to buy on the GE are items that real players are actually selling at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Xephy said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "OSRS characters". The only items that are available to buy on the GE are items that real players are actually selling at the moment.

I get it. GE is a live exchange.

I was confused and thought items were also sold by Jagex store inventory. lol.

1 minute ago, dividendz said:

I get it. GE is a live exchange.

I was confused and thought items were also sold by Jagex store inventory. lol.

Right. The GE is truly a live market.

I agree with @causation you won't get far with scripting if you don't know the game. You will end up just making bunch of scripts that are missing many aspects just because you lack game knowledge.

Archived