Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Runescape will stop using Java soon :o

DefCon

Oh interesting, I don't know much about c++ so I don't know if it will be harder for scriptwriters or not. It will be an annoying transition for clients I would think. Luckily I start c++ in june :)

If they switch to c++ I imagine 07rs would die.

along with a good chunk of the botting clients.

They might switch rs3 to c++ because they want to be able to use better graphics and whatnot. But 07rs doesn't need it, so I doubt they'll switch 07 over.

But I'm just guessing. :)

If they switch to c++ I imagine 07rs would die.

along with a good chunk of the botting clients.

They might switch rs3 to c++ because they want to be able to use better graphics and whatnot. But 07rs doesn't need it, so I doubt they'll switch 07 over.

But I'm just guessing. :)

I agree with ; once they switch over, OSRS will most likely die off, or just stay the same as it is now. It would be dumb, to do so much wasted work trying porting over OSRS for the little payoff they would get from it.

source?

oops my bad : http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2bdjps/runescape_nxt_upcoming_c_client/

I think nezz is def. rite they wont apply it to 07. They mainly want to switch rs3 over cus they think Java isn't the best for their needs anymore.

I agree with ; once they switch over, OSRS will most likely die off, or just stay the same as it is now. It would be dumb, to do so much wasted work trying porting over OSRS for the little payoff they would get from it.

ya, wouldnt make sense to have an oldschool game w/ a brand new engine.

Archived