Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Stop Bot After *X* Hours

Cannibud

Pretty self explanatory with the title, but to elaborate a little more;

I find myself wanting the option to automate the stopping of my bots after a certain amount of time, almost everyday.

So I was thinking, since we already have a decently advanced break system, I can't imagine it would be much harder to add another option in that menu to Stop Bot After: X-Amount of time/hours

This would help with being able to bot for a few hours (to avoid a ban) while I'm at work for 8-12 hours, instead of having to make the bot run for that full 8 or so hours, we could set the option to shut the bots down after only 3 or 4 hours, I fully think this could help very much (at least in my case, and probably many others) with avoid bans due to botting absurd amounts of hours daily.

I would absolutely love for this feature to be added, tell me what you guys think!

You can do this using breaks. Add a break to happen every 3 or 4 hours, and have the break last 50000 minutes. I like the idea though. I'll definitely be implementing this into my scripts.

You can also do it with cmd

Linux - to close the client after 24 hours or 86400 seconds:

timeout 86400 java -jar ~/DreamBot/BotData/client.jar

Mac - you have to install coreutils first:

brew install coreutils

then you can run, same thing as the above linux example:

gtimeout 86400 java -jar ~/DreamBot/BotData/client.jar

Windows - it is extremely complicated and I don't have the time or care to bother with it.

Yeah, I'm aware I could set the break to Break for 999999 minutes after 4 hours but then I wouldn't have my Legit-Style breaks (very short breaks, very periodically) so it kind of defeats the purpose for me in looking sort of legit with those breaks.

And also yeah, I have been using the cmd command to shut it down myself, but I just feel like it would be so easy to be implemented into the actual bot, so we wouldn't have to do it the dirty way lol.

Archived