Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Are they dropping ban waves lately?

Xinaal

My main which I botted (I felt) intelligently and safely for months randomly got banned and haven't even been on it for a few days.

An alt account I've been botting got banned.

And another new account I started botting was banned in less than 36 hours.

Do they track IP's? I only have it set to run for a few hours, it takes 1-2 hour breaks, and I do not run it for 7-10 hours over-night. I have all the randomized intervals set. I only use bots that have at least some kind of anti-ban mechanic. And while I'm around it when it's running I even ocassionaly pause it to talk to people/take control for a minute here and there.

I'm not mad or blaming anything, just curious. I'm starting a new account and am looking for any pro-tips from any veterans that can provide some.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Xinaal said:

My main which I botted (I felt) intelligently and safely for months randomly got banned and haven't even been on it for a few days.

An alt account I've been botting got banned.

And another new account I started botting was banned in less than 36 hours.

Do they track IP's? I only have it set to run for a few hours, it takes 1-2 hour breaks, and I do not run it for 7-10 hours over-night. I have all the randomized intervals set. I only use bots that have at least some kind of anti-ban mechanic. And while I'm around it when it's running I even ocassionaly pause it to talk to people/take control for a minute here and there.

I'm not mad or blaming anything, just curious. I'm starting a new account and am looking for any pro-tips from any veterans that can provide some.

Thank you

There's only 1 actual video showing a genuine ip ban found here. Nobody has really took the time or effort to investigate anti-ban. We don't know if taking breaks even works, plus there is more effective flags and measures to spy with than ip. Just my 2 cents. I don't believe ips are heavily flagged as people seem to believe. Delete your cache maybe.

1 hour ago, Rebecca631 said:

There's only 1 actual video showing a genuine ip ban found here. Nobody has really took the time or effort to investigate anti-ban. We don't know if taking breaks even works, plus there is more effective flags and measures to spy with than ip. Just my 2 cents. I don't believe ips are heavily flagged as people seem to believe. Delete your cache maybe.

....what.

"Nobody has really took the time or effort to investigate anti-ban." - You do realize some people do study how to keep a cheat from being "undetected" or less "pattern detectable"? Numerous clients have remarkable ways of not being detected as an injected client, for example. The botting community has been here for many years, and there are numerous methods people use to not get banned. "Taking breaks" is not the only way to deter from being less detected, or flagged as a "bot". There are other ways of doing so, and of course "taking breaks" is an effective way of not being banned faster. If you're reported, the chances are, you'll be banned faster. Also if you are doing 50-100+ bots on the same IP, of course you'll be IP banned. 

Alright so I'm seeing what not to do, or what doesn't help so much. Still waiting for any kind of advice or information about good practices to at least make it more difficult to get banned.

Thank you

16 hours ago, ArmyofDragons said:

....what.

"Nobody has really took the time or effort to investigate anti-ban." - You do realize some people do study how to keep a cheat from being "undetected" or less "pattern detectable"? Numerous clients have remarkable ways of not being detected as an injected client, for example. The botting community has been here for many years, and there are numerous methods people use to not get banned. "Taking breaks" is not the only way to deter from being less detected, or flagged as a "bot". There are other ways of doing so, and of course "taking breaks" is an effective way of not being banned faster. If you're reported, the chances are, you'll be banned faster. Also if you are doing 50-100+ bots on the same IP, of course you'll be IP banned. 

I'm talking about individual ips being flagged which is what he asked. Everyone is aware logging multiple accounts on the same ip causes chain locks and bans. There is very little evidence about anti-ban and it's effectiveness.. look at tribots ablc10 from like 2 years ago, it just doesn't work. 

"There is no REAL evidence supporting that any of the current anti ban methods work or help prevent bans against the new bot detection system Jagex uses today."

This pretty much sums it up. Jagex Sween has confirmed that their bot detection system has gotten significantly better even over the last year as well.

16 hours ago, Xinaal said:

Alright so I'm seeing what not to do, or what doesn't help so much. Still waiting for any kind of advice or information about good practices to at least make it more difficult to get banned.

Thank you

1. Arbitrary breaks.

2. Not botting too many accounts at once on one IP, so use proxies for each account (recommended).

3. Private scripts > public scripts. This will reduce your chances significantly because most public scripts (even paid versions) can be tied with other players using it from 'pattern detection'.

Yeah, I do all those things, but I'm pretty sure they are monitoring my IP for activity or something. I have had 6 accounts banned while botting very very cautiously in the past 5 days.

The only thing I'd need to try is using a proxy for the 1 account I try botting at a time. I don't bot multiple, ever.

I'd suggest  2 acc per proxy , breaks and if u do have a main keep it on a separate proxy that cannot be tied to ur other bots to avoid chain ban. Also a big tip when u   make the acc , make it on the same I. P as the proxy

Archived