Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dedicated server vs VPS

Decimate

I'm wanting to run a lot of bots on a VPS or Dedicated Server. I'm expecting to run 100 bots or so at one time. Where should I be looking for one and how much RAM should I be looking for. Any suggestions would be useful!

1. Get a VPS, no point in a dedicated server for botting.

2. Large amount of RAM and a good CPU = more clients.

3. RamNode is what I use personally and it has cheap and affordable prices (and REALLY fast internet and GOOD bandwidth)

6 hours ago, ArmyofDragons said:

1. Get a VPS, no point in a dedicated server for botting.

2. Large amount of RAM and a good CPU = more clients.

3. RamNode is what I use personally and it has cheap and affordable prices (and REALLY fast internet and GOOD bandwidth)

this guy has 0 clue what he's talking about. You need a dedi with a decent processor for 100 bots, and you get more value from dedis then you do from any vps if resource requirements are higher. the more physical cores the better (not the old amd cpus though).

11 hours ago, SomeRandomGuy said:

this guy has 0 clue what he's talking about. You need a dedi with a decent processor for 100 bots, and you get more value from dedis then you do from any vps if resource requirements are higher. the more physical cores the better (not the old amd cpus though).

I have no clue what I'm talking about? Dedicated servers are almost 10x the price of a VPS, and on top of that, you can get more worth out of renting multiple VPS (which, at an affordable price, run 20-30 clients per, and still cost lest accumulatively compared to a dedicated server) than paying a ridiculous amount of money for a dedicated server.

https://gyazo.com/783b4bff2a931c8300a9a1d19bef0c75

Good luck paying $200+/m according to smart ass above me (or more, because some even charge you $500/m!), because he sure knows a lot about what he is talking about. Lul.

Looking at your other posts and post history in particular, I can tell you quite lack the values of an 'intellectual' -- seems to be you're a bozo more than a "bot farm expert":

"adding on, it's a bet on one's knowledge and ability to solve problems/persevere. Just know that 90% if not more people quit before they even start making any money at all3"

Also, the fact that you claim "JVM doesn't take a lot of resources" proves to me you do not know shit about what you're talking about: https://gyazo.com/3ab1934d1440aea54406ee6b66441625

The way you type just makes me cringe, and on top of that you claim people "don't know anything" without any former lack of evidence. You just claim that a dedicated server is "better" in ONE circumstance. There is no need to spend $50+/m -- $200+/mon (for 20-50 bot farm, or for 100+ bot farm) a dedicated server when they can spend a fraction of that cost on a cheap VPS (or multiple) that runs the same amount of clients. For a LARGE bot farm? Sure, but you're still paying WAY more than you should for a dedicated server at an abysmal price. You're no expert, nor do you know more than me.

8 hours ago, ArmyofDragons said:

I have no clue what I'm talking about? Dedicated servers are almost 10x the price of a VPS, and on top of that, you can get more worth out of renting multiple VPS (which, at an affordable price, run 20-30 clients per, and still cost lest accumulatively compared to a dedicated server) than paying a ridiculous amount of money for a dedicated server.

https://gyazo.com/783b4bff2a931c8300a9a1d19bef0c75

Good luck paying $200+/m according to smart ass above me (or more, because some even charge you $500/m!), because he sure knows a lot about what he is talking about. Lul.

Looking at your other posts and post history in particular, I can tell you quite lack the values of an 'intellectual' -- seems to be you're a bozo more than a "bot farm expert":

"adding on, it's a bet on one's knowledge and ability to solve problems/persevere. Just know that 90% if not more people quit before they even start making any money at all3"

Also, the fact that you claim "JVM doesn't take a lot of resources" proves to me you do not know shit about what you're talking about: https://gyazo.com/3ab1934d1440aea54406ee6b66441625

The way you type just makes me cringe, and on top of that you claim people "don't know anything" without any former lack of evidence. You just claim that a dedicated server is "better" in ONE circumstance. There is no need to spend $50+/m -- $200+/mon (for 20-50 bot farm, or for 100+ bot farm) a dedicated server when they can spend a fraction of that cost on a cheap VPS (or multiple) that runs the same amount of clients. For a LARGE bot farm? Sure, but you're still paying WAY more than you should for a dedicated server at an abysmal price. You're no expert, nor do you know more than me.

If you're a retard the best you'll get is $200+/month for a trash 8 core server with 32gb ram. For $60/month you'll find a server with 64gb ram and an actual dedicated processor that runs 80 bots instead of the "Virtual Dedicated Servers" from ramnode. Also from your recommendation to use ramnode, it's clear that anyone is more of an expert than you when it comes to servers.

As for the quoted statement, so what? I can be a fucking toenail expert and that doesn't invalidate the point that a vps is the wrong choice in terms of value when you want performance. 

As for the "JVM doesn't tale a lot of resources" is a relative statement since the amount of ram it uses is relatively small compared to the rest of the client + game. If you ever used a proper server that wasn't trash you'd know that you're more likely to hit a cap CPU bottleneck before you hit a ram bottleneck at 64gb ram assuming you have a reasonable cpu. Even in the thread you found that quote from you're spouting nonsense abut VPS being better and how 500 bots on 1 computer is impossible. I even replied to you then and showed you that the JVM isn't an issue in that case and i'll post that link again

7RUzA9P.png

34 minutes ago, SomeRandomGuy said:

If you're a retard the best you'll get is $200+/month for a trash 8 core server with 32gb ram. For $60/month you'll find a server with 64gb ram and an actual dedicated processor that runs 80 bots instead of the "Virtual Dedicated Servers" from ramnode. Also from your recommendation to use ramnode, it's clear that anyone is more of an expert than you when it comes to servers.

As for the quoted statement, so what? I can be a fucking toenail expert and that doesn't invalidate the point that a vps is the wrong choice in terms of value when you want performance. 

As for the "JVM doesn't tale a lot of resources" is a relative statement since the amount of ram it uses is relatively small compared to the rest of the client + game. If you ever used a proper server that wasn't trash you'd know that you're more likely to hit a cap CPU bottleneck before you hit a ram bottleneck at 64gb ram assuming you have a reasonable cpu. Even in the thread you found that quote from you're spouting nonsense abut VPS being better and how 500 bots on 1 computer is impossible. I even replied to you then and showed you that the JVM isn't an issue in that case and i'll post that link again

7RUzA9P.png

Yawn. Could care less what you say. You have no argument for yourself, anyone can easily buy multiple VPS and run the same, if not almost the same amount of clients as a dedicated server.

4 minutes ago, ArmyofDragons said:

Yawn. Could care less what you say. You have no argument for yourself, anyone can easily buy multiple VPS and run the same, if not almost the same amount of clients as a dedicated server.

show me some more ramnode prices for a vps that costs $200/month and tell me about how vps are better than a dedi plz

Archived