Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Remove the "connecting to server" messages in Debug Console

ArmyofDragons

I find the "connecting to server" messages in the debug console / CMD very annoying in a consistent way. I normally debug my scripts using the "log" function provided in the API, but it is undermined by the fact that these "connecting to server messages / tabs messages" are spammed every second or so and it makes it hard to keep track of what the script is actually doing short-term or long-term. You could say, use onPaint to show everything! - yeah, no. That would take up too much space tbh, and get really convoluted.

I am suggesting that there be an option in the debug menu tab of DreamBot to disable these messages from being logged/printed into the Debug Console. It's quite annoying and could be of good use by scripters. For example, if I have a script I ran for 2-3 hours or so, I want to look at the debug console as a scripter and know what has been printed to the Debug Console by the script, not by DreamBot connection messages.

14 minutes ago, Xephy said:

If you're losing connection, or loading new tabs, what do you expect? If it doesn't for some reason connect, wouldn't you like to know that it's stopped on "Connecting to server"?

That's why I suggested for there to be an option to not show. If I cared for connection statuses I could simply just select the option to show the issues with connections. Or a tab could be made specifically for DreamBot client logs, and one for script logs.

If I was running a script for hours and wanted to see what happened as a "log" during that time, I prefer seeing that over "connecting to server" taking up all the space. I am suggesting for either a separate tab for it, or an option in the Settings to not show them based on preference of other people.

Archived