Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [NodeJS/Other] Provably Fair?

Banker

Hey

So working with NodeJS currently and trying to create a provably fair dice system, I'm using 'provable' from npm.

However, I'm not understanding where the seeds (client/server) are generated and how I am able to display/handle these.

Following the documentation I've managed to generate the roll with a hash, however its the seed that I'm struggling with and there's little help online about it.

Any help is appreciated

- Banker

In a provably fair system, seed generation goes as follows:

The server generates a random seed first, which is then hashed and should be known to both server and user.

The user can then pick a seed themselves. This can be any seed (whatever they like). After they submit their seed, the server's hash mustn't change  in order  to keep it provably fair.

Makes sense?

Archived