Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • 2x Eiffel Tower Farm Reports

vlustig

Hi I'm Vic,

Victor Lustig (January 4, 1890 – March 11, 1947)[1][2]  is widely regarded as one of the most notorious con artists of his time, and is infamous for being "the man who sold the Eiffel Tower twice."

I'm a new farmer and will be sharing my progress here.

I'm a web developer and pythonista by trade. I'm hoping that I can apply and hone my skills to create a (mostly) automated, profitable farm.

I loved playing RS as a kid back in the early 00's, and I had the idea that maybe now as an adult I can have even more fun botting for profit!

My first goal is to set up my farm's infrastructure and start botting.
    My first milestone is to scale my farm to cover my bills with my profits. It is equally important to me to automate as much of the process as possible.

I have found similar posts and stories very inspiring, and am looking forward to sharing my journey with the community.

-Vic

I've been researching and planning my farm for a few days and have begun the initial preparations.

So far I have created and/or bought a few email and RS accounts, bought web hosting, researched what scripts and methods I plan to use, and set up my programming environment for writing/tweaking scripts, and familiarized myself with the Dreambot Javadocs. I have also run a test script in dreambot on a VPS.

Next steps are to buy premium/private scripts, buy VIP membership, and write bash or python scripts to spin up and manage VPS's/bot clients.

Things I've learned so far:

Creating email and RS accounts by hand with Tor Browser (for different IPs) is extremely tedious. My current workaround is buying cheap accounts with 10hrs+ playtime. Tbh, I am fully expecting these accounts have already been botted and flagged, and will be banned quickly. But on the off chance that they aren't total crap and I can save myself some hassle, I'm trying a few. My fallback is to register/level every bot by hand. It's a real pain but I know it's the only way to keep the bots running for any worthwhile amount of time.

In general, using more popular scripts is less safe and likely to lead to shorter bot lifecycles. My current plan to address this is to use private scripts, integrate Simba color scripts where possible, and modify and/or chain existing scripts together to create my own custom versions.

RS's current anti-bot system doesn't seem that effective at detecting high-quality bots that are properly managed. It also seems that RS is still somewhat reliant on player/moderator initiated bans to combat botting. For this reason, I plan to use private scripts only, manage my bots with my own scripts to follow best practices for safe botting, and only bot during non-peak hours when most RS moderators and employees are offline. I am also going to favor less profitable, more obscure gold farming methods and locations over highly-abused methods to maximize bot lifecycles. With all this said, I realize that bans are unavoidable, and the best I can do is to be prepared.

That's all for now. Feedback is welcome!

-Vic

Today I invested $28 in scripts, accounts and services to get the farm up and running.

I am currently running 10 bots on a Google Cloud Windows VPS. I chose windows because I wanted a desktop environment to do Python/Selenium GUI automation of the DB client for more granular management than the built in features allow. Prior to spinning up the Windows instance, I tried setting up a desktop on a Linux VPS, but the VNC configuration was annoying me and I just wanted to get some bots up and running.

I will be switching to Linux asap. Linux is just better, and the overhead of Windows compared to Linux will noticeably increase operating costs. I set the bots running on some basic f2p moneymaking scripts with a rudimentary break schedule.

Each bot is running 1 of 2 scripts right now, and they are each on a different world.

Things to do:

1. Switch to Linux, set up Linux desktop, migrate bot farm
    2. Write a script that automatically downloads DB, JDK, and Python on new servers, or research Google Cloud's built in options for setting up servers
    3. Write bash scripts to load batches of bots into clients via DB Quickstart
    4. Write Python/bash scripts to schedule bot batch cycle start/stop times and automate the cycling of groups of bots through the client
    5. Write Python/Selenium GUI automation or a DB Quickstart script to allow automated script switching
    6. Write a script to manage all of the above scripts
    7. Implement automated muling
    8. Add all bots to an excel spreadsheet for tracking bot lifespans, scripts run, ROI, gold per hour, etc.
    9. Add all costs and profits to an excel spreadsheet for tracking
    10. Prep existing and additional accounts either manually or using a muling script to begin doing a wider range of money making methods with differing requirements
    11. Add more bots to the farm
    12. Schedule bots to run during non-peak and non-Jagex hours
    13. Configure the bots to spread themselves across all F2P servers as evenly as possible
    14. Prep accounts for P2P money making methods
    15. Set up proxies
    16. Set up bots/scripts to automatically log what activities were done, how effective they were, and how much of what was either banked or sold, and automatically add this information to the appropriate excel sheets

Other notes:

If I am going to need 100's or more lvl 3 accounts, it may be worth it to invest in my own way to generate bulk lvl 3 accounts. It will save me a little bit of money, better enable automated batching and loading of new accounts, and allow me to sell bulk lvl 3 accounts for additional income.

My Java currently isn't good enough to write scripts with the level of complexity I'm looking for. It will probably take me 1-2 months of learning Java to be able to create the types of scripts I want. In the meantime I will need to rely on what's available in the shop, and what private scripts I can contract.

I think there may be good opportunities in P2P GE flipping bots but I need to do more research.

I need to start prepping bots for more advanced F2P and P2P moneymaking methods, and I need to diversify as many bots into as many different money making methods as I can to avoid market cannibalization and supply glut.

- Vic

Today I set up a Linux server and successfully ran a bot on it using Quickstart. It's my first time setting up a Linux server and it took me all day to get it working. But I finally did it! 🎉

With the new environment set up, I am ready to migrate the bots tomorrow.

Migrating the bots from a licensed Windows server to an open source Linux server reduces my estimated monthly costs by ~70% in terms of licensing and CPU fees, and the Linux boxes are lighter weight and nicer to work with.

Tomorrow my goal is to write a Python/shell script that utilizes Quickstart to:

1. Load accounts into Dream Bot using Mass Accounts
    2. Mule supplies onto bots
    3. Run moneymaking scripts on the bots
    4. Return the bots' profits and resources back to the mule
    5. Repeat 2-4
    6. Schedule the cycle to run automatically and log results to a database

- Vic

3 hours ago, vlustig said:

Today I set up a Linux server and successfully ran a bot on it using Quickstart. It's my first time setting up a Linux server and it took me all day to get it working. But I finally did it! 🎉

With the new environment set up, I am ready to migrate the bots tomorrow.

Migrating the bots from a licensed Windows server to an open source Linux server reduces my estimated monthly costs by ~70% in terms of licensing and CPU fees, and the Linux boxes are lighter weight and nicer to work with.

Tomorrow my goal is to write a Python/shell script that utilizes Quickstart to:

1. Load accounts into Dream Bot using Mass Accounts
    2. Mule supplies onto bots
    3. Run moneymaking scripts on the bots
    4. Return the bots' profits and resources back to the mule
    5. Repeat 2-4
    6. Schedule the cycle to run automatically and log results to a database

- Vic

How many bots do you run/VPS?

Archived