Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • A RSPS for practising botting!

OMGTurtlesFTW

Dear all,

I am new to Dreambot but no stranger to botting, I decided to switch from my previous client to Dreambot because it has many features that my old one does not.

I wanted to put forward a suggestion that I think would make a massive impact on the community. I think that a Dreambot private server would be a good idea to create/practice scripts. The server would only be available to VIP members (or can be a separate thing). Why do I think this is a great idea? Because testing scripts in the game itself just isn't practical, you can lose a lot of wealth if scripts go wrong, scripters could test if scripts will break after a couple of hours or if certain events take place that might throw the script off such as dying and most of all you wouldn't get high level accounts banned on the real game while testing.

My main reason for the suggestion though is the fact that scripters could spawn in items and change stats freely. In OSRS getting a maxed account could cost anywhere upwards of $400. For just testing if a script works this is very risky. Also accounts would have no chance of getting banned if the script goes wrong for unknown reasons because this has happened to me before. I am currently writing code for a raid bot (Theatre of Blood), I have calculated that just setting up test accounts (excluding items) for the scripts will be upwards of $2000. THAT'S INSANE!!!! It's a huge risk because the script might not even function correctly in the end and I'm stranded with -$2000 in my wallet.

EDIT: Just thought that being able to make quest scripts, tutorial island scripts and 1 time event scripts would be soooooo much easier because you could just have a server command to reset quests and NPC chats! 

Anyway I think this would help many scripters and many script testers, to achieve great things with Dreambot.

I hope you all agree with my suggestion and thank you for taking the time to read this!

-OMGTurtlesFTW

That would be a lot to develop and maintain a true osrs server with everything exactly how it is in game just to test out scripts. Easy solution is just use throwaway accounts to test scripts. Don't bother buying main accounts because you'll probably never see a return on your investment spending that much.

4 minutes ago, Milasoft said:

That would be a lot to develop and maintain a true osrs server with everything exactly how it is in game just to test out scripts. Easy solution is just use throwaway accounts to test scripts. Don't bother buying main accounts because you'll probably never see a return on your investment spending that much.

There are plenty of ready made servers already out there to download, no need to start from scratch.

Maintenance would also be easy as no changes would need to be made apart from updates.

2 hours ago, Eclipseop said:

what

2 hours ago, dQw4w9WgXcQ said:

we talkin bout practise

What I mean by it is so people can test bots without having to risk losing items and getting banned in the main game!

13 minutes ago, OMGTurtlesFTW said:

There are plenty of ready made servers already out there to download, no need to start from scratch.

Maintenance would also be easy as no changes would need to be made apart from updates.

What I mean by it is so people can test bots without having to risk losing items and getting banned in the main game!

There are not any true osrs servers that are anywhere near complete available for download. Most private servers are based on the 317 revision back in like 2006 or something.

ive been coding private servers for several years back then. had most success and earned money from hosting a 508 for a year or so. i can tell you from experience (osrs being 317 based) that rsps and osrs is like oranges and apples. the whole coding is different. hence it is counterintuitive to test a "botting script" on an rsps because the mechanics and coding and game engine will be different than real osrs. so what applies to rsps (e.g. game ticks. pvp mechanics, skilling mechanics, how the server handles things) definitely will not apply to the real osrs in some instances. because they are completely different. 

While this would be a cool thing to have and something I'd certainly use, it's probably near impossible to pull off / not worth the amount of effort required.

Archived