Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Guide: Gold Farming Bot Avoiding Ban & Maximum Efficiency

SwagLordGuy

This guide with start off with nothing, I will compile tips and strategies from the community into this topic. Myself, I know nothing about avoiding a gold farm bot from being banned or an efficient way of using the bot before it is banned, or to get the most gold in a time before it is banned. I made this guide because I got banned within minutes botting on a new account but on a few old accounts I had for years I went weeks without being banned while botting. Please submit your tips/strategies for getting max efficiency and longest possible ban times! Please include things like: how often to run a script in a single period, when to take breaks, what scripts not to use, certain things to do legit on the bot, what is the fastest way to make money, etc.

Tip/Strategy #1 - Cycling Skills

The more skills you train on your gold farming bot the better chance you have at avoiding a ban. This means, for instance, one day train your bot in combat for a few hours and switch to prayer even. It is also important to make sure you bot in irregular periods of time. If you bot for say 3 hours one day in mining the next day only bot in mining for 1 hour.  Split your skills up and split up the time frames you spend on this skills.

Tip/Strategy #2 - Anti-Ban

This can be what could extend your ban for a few days or a few weeks. Anti-Ban is all about making a bot look more like a human, the better it is the harder it is to detect for Jagex. Make sure the scripts you use have good Anti-Bans, this doesn't mean that every move the bot makes is randomized but more "human". Some scripts have anti-ban systems that have data from actual humans and averages from the data. Stick to a good script with a good anti-ban and it may be the difference between a days or weeks of being banned.

Tip/Strategy #3 - Runtime

This is one is pretty obvious for anyone but is important to get right. You can't run your bot for 24 hours a day and expect it not to be banned, you need to only play for a maximum of 8-12 hours a day, and make sure it looks human. Most players don't play the game doing the same exact functions for 8-12 hours a day (though we all have before) this will get you flagged and banned. Bot in moderation, and keep it to 3-5 hours a day. 

Tip/Strategy #4 - Account Creation

This is something that I believe myself will avoid a ban. When you first make your account don't run a tutorial island script and go straight to wood cutting script etc. Do tutorial island legitimately and play the account legit for a day or two. I recommend doing 1-2 f2p quests and training on goblins for the first day, Maybe don't play on the second day, Third day do legit fishing, Fourth day do one hour of wc bot, etc. Slowly implement your hours of botting into legit playing. I believe this would change an account from being instantly banned to lasting a week or two. 

Tip/Strategy #5 - IP Flagging/Proxies

Based on history it is believed that Jagex flags potential people who have either botted in the past or believe to be botting to connect any future or current accounts. Use proxies, this essentially protects your main account and even your bots separated. Don't use the same proxy for each bot or potentially if one bot gets banned they can connect the accounts via ip and ban the rest of your accounts. You can get free proxies with a simple google search.

Tip/Strategy #6 - Cashing out

As you may know if you trade the gold that was botted to your main account especially from multiple banned-bots-gold then you will be banned with connection to the bot. Currently I don't know the best way to cash out and am still in need of an outside tip for this section. I believe one way is to deposit your GP to a OSRS GP gambling site and then just withdraw to your main account. That way there is a middle man between the gold transfer. 

All tips/strategies are not confirmed, they are believed to reduce your ban chance when botting.

Special thanks to @Articron for contributing multiple tips to the guide. A lot of the guide material is sourced from: here.

Yeah, I agree, some tips would be incredibly helpful. I'm just starting out and so far the bots I'm running haven't been banned and I'd like to keep it that way. I assume I've gotten away so far because I don't run them for that long anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hours just to test my script. I'd love to know how Jagex exactly detects bots, do they compare your movements to other players or do they monitor the pattern of every single player‽ 

Edit: One of my bots just got banned, botted on and off throughout the day and then 3 hours straight.

Just now, Aivoc said:

Yeah, I agree, some tips would be incredibly helpful. I'm just starting out and so far the bots I'm running haven't been banned and I'd like to keep it that way. I assume I've gotten away so far because I don't run them for that long anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hours just to test my script. I'd love to know how Jagex exactly detects bots, do they compare your movements to other players or do they monitor the pattern of every single player‽ 

I also don't really know how it works, although I believe they have a system im place that will flag possible detection of a bot then manually review if the player is botting or not based on some means I also don't understand. Helpful I know. Hopefully someone who has a lot of experience can come in and help me, you, and others alike who are trying to learn the best way to keep a bot from being banned. Eventually the guide will be full of details and strategies.

I go through multiple scripts per day and have done a couple of quests. I also put xp into prayer sometimes. I'm new though and have only run 3 accounts

I dont want to be rude, but I'm goldfarming for months, I'm searching for methods and tips to not get banned, I'm wasting lots of rsgp and trying different strategies, wasting time and putting lots of effort in it, finding the way to not get banned so fast. From my expierence, bans is a totally random thing, it's just luck. You can do same thing, with same accs, but some just not get banned others do get. Also for some methods you can bot straight away, for some you need to prepare accs. I'm not sure you can give a tip on it, cause everything is individual, and if you want to get a tip for a specific script or method, I dont think people who make money from it, will spoon-feed. Thats my opinion.

2 hours ago, arvydaslt123 said:

I dont want to be rude, but I'm goldfarming for months, I'm searching for methods and tips to not get banned, I'm wasting lots of rsgp and trying different strategies, wasting time and putting lots of effort in it, finding the way to not get banned so fast. From my expierence, bans is a totally random thing, it's just luck. You can do same thing, with same accs, but some just not get banned others do get. Also for some methods you can bot straight away, for some you need to prepare accs. I'm not sure you can give a tip on it, cause everything is individual, and if you want to get a tip for a specific script or method, I dont think people who make money from it, will spoon-feed. Thats my opinion.

I agree that every ban is random and not everyone can be stopped by a guide, but there are bans that can be stopped by botting a certain way. For instance, if you bot for 24 hours a day your account will definitely get banned vs if you bot only a few hours a day your account may not be banned as quickly. There are contributing factors that if all put together would decrease the chance of your ban. Also the guide is not just about not being banned but how to get the most gold out of your bot or how to cash out the bot to your main without directly trading etc. 

45 minutes ago, SwagLordGuy said:

I agree that every ban is random and not everyone can be stopped by a guide, but there are bans that can be stopped by botting a certain way. For instance, if you bot for 24 hours a day your account will definitely get banned vs if you bot only a few hours a day your account may not be banned as quickly. There are contributing factors that if all put together would decrease the chance of your ban. Also the guide is not just about not being banned but how to get the most gold out of your bot or how to cash out the bot to your main without directly trading etc. 

The best thing to know about bans:
    1. Gain some play time for the account
    2. Random stats are good
    3. Gain some play time for the account
    4. Dont bot more than 10 hours (most of people say 8-10 is avg)
    5. If you dont want to get your account banned dont bot at all (even by botting 2-4hrs a day you can get banned)
    6. There are red areas that get you banned more quickly than others (red black chins)
    7. Some premium scripts can be better than private scripts (select the right scripter)
    8. Gain some play time for the account

5 minutes ago, arvydaslt123 said:

The best thing to know about bans:
    1. Gain some play time for the account
    2. Random stats are good
    3. Gain some play time for the account
    4. Dont bot more than 10 hours (most of people say 8-10 is avg)
    5. If you dont want to get your account banned dont bot at all (even by botting 2-4hrs a day you can get banned)
    6. There are red areas that get you banned more quickly than others (red black chins)
    7. Some premium scripts can be better than private scripts (select the right scripter)
    8. Gain some play time for the account

Thanks, I'll organize that into the main thread. As for play time of the account, how much do you recommend? Should said person just do a few of the easiest F2P quests?

1 minute ago, SwagLordGuy said:

Thanks, I'll organize that into the main thread. As for play time of the account, how much do you recommend? Should said person just do a few of the easiest F2P quests?

I'm botting quests, I may say that can get you banned quickly aswell.
    F2P quests are good ofcourse, cooks assistant, dorics, imp, restless ghost. Dont bot straight away after creating the account.

For instance some people say botting combat is easy, in my expierence - my bots dont last longer than 2-3 days and I have no idea how to bot it

I made a pretty extensive post on this a few months back. I'll go see if I can find it later today, I feel like it might help you shape your tutorial.

Archived