Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Methods to reduce bans @NeZ @IiIi @notirus @dramelicker @hasjTag

Nima

Hi guys here's my thoughts on how jagex ban you

I've noticed people with a higher total level (and maybe even just playtime but not tested) are able to bot for WAY longer than a low level or level 3 fresh off tutorial island.

This makes me think that Jagex have a system which checks first 1) how long have they played for 2) how much exp/gp have they earned in comparison to their usual average 3) if its a new account how quickly have they gained gp or xp

They use all these bot indicators (you know what I mean, the things that make you look at a player and go obviously a bot, like a level 3 cutting yews for 4 hours straight, training no other skill and doing nothing but woodcutting).

But they don't stop and ban you just for that, no.... instead they use that algortithm to sift through and filter all the legit seeming players from the abnormals, then they manually inspect (view your screen) and watch how you move, and perform tests that a bot would fail at but a human would ignore... little things like changing a banker object id to something else to see if the player then stops clicking on the bank, then they manually ban...

Just think they must have some way of detecting bots, and surely an algorithm is what they would use, I'm trying to think up what those factors of that algorithm could be.

Starting my own thread on this.

Edit: Also take note how if someone only runs a bot for 30 mins a day they will never get banned

Archived