Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • This Has to be added to reduce bans @Nez

OddsBrah

6 hours ago, OddsBrah said:

@qwAQ Two scripters said that it is a good idea, why would I care about your opinion. You're starting to sound like a Jagex employee who would hate to see this go through.

Alright, let me give you an example to help you understand. Say you wanted to secure your home, so you install best alarm system there is on your windows, however you leave your door unlocked. That's what is right now, I don't believe Jagex developers are stupid enough to install good alarm systems and leave the door unlocked. So to the conclusion, it's waste of time to even bother adding this, once you enter that world, you are doomed.

@qwAQ Sir, I dont think you understand but I dont care about what you "believe". If what you believed was correct 100% then you would have your own bot client and never get bans. I am simply stating what happens when your account gets transferred to world 401. The more you post saying that it makes no sense doing this is the more you make it seem like you are trying to prevent it from happening. If you claim it doesnt make a difference and they implement it then I dont see it making the situation any worse. 

I totally support this idea! This should be implemented into the bot as to prevent this whole situation! I'm sure you would just log out of the game if you closed the client. It's nice to see there are still people supporting the community with ideas like this. We need more people like you, im sure of it.

Thanks for the 200IQ idea :).

That world was likely used for their botting stream only. I think there's little use to write a check for this (it's as easy as a System.exit(0) call), as your account has essentially already been doomed.

Even extra: I think they'd probably disable xlogging too, meaning your account remains in that world even if you close the client.

Tl;dr I think it's useless; This was just a one time thing for the botting streams.

FYI: the two scripters that agreed were trolling

The bot busting stream they used a dedicated world for bots purely for the purpose of letting people visually see them kill the bots, along with being able to accurately say "yeah we currently have x bots in this world with us" along with forcing it to an f2p world, which broke a lot of bots, showing further to people that they're targeting the bots. If your account was moved there, you're going to be banned. They said more than a few times that every account was manually reviewed to be 100% certain the account needed to be banned, whether it was from botting, scamming, or just bad enough behavior from legit players that their account was going to be perm banned.

This isn't something I'm going to add into the client, since the world they use could change, or just go away, or turn into a legit world (like the previous bot worlds have, iirc)

It's something a scripter could easily add, but they also run into the same issue.

Plus, as I said, once you're in the world your account is dead.

Edit: Arti is right, they also disabled logging out and changing worlds during the stream, until you were carrot'ed (killed by the mod and bank emptied)

Archived