Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Market Poll

Nuclear Nezz

Ranks and 2FA  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a "Market User" rank for the market?(see description #1)

• Yes
      • No
    2. 2. Should we force 2FA for Market User rank? (see description #2)

• Yes
      • No
    3. 3. Should we include base requirements for Market User rank?

• Yes
      • No

Hello everyone,

With the recent disputes, it's come to my attention that there are proactive actions that we can take, and measures that we could implement to help improve the overall security and trust of our market section.

My suggestion is that we add in a Market User/Seller/Buyer rank, and all it really does is allow me to force 2FA on the ranks, forcing an increased amount of security on the accounts that are involved in advertising in the market. This way, when you see someone selling/buying gold in the marketplace, with this rank, you know that the user is using 2FA, and is less likely to be compromised.

So, descriptions:

#1: The Market User rank would apply to both buying and selling, and would have very little, if any, actual requirements and would be used for the sole purpose of forcing 2FA (I can force 2FA on specific ranks). You would not be forced to have the rank to *use* the market, it would just add credibility to the account if you were trying to be heavily involved in the market. You can still continue buying/selling as you currently are, even without the rank. The rank would not receive a special color, just a PIP to show the user has the rank.

#2: As I mentioned, I can force 2FA on specific ranks. It would not be an opt-out as most ranks currently are. If the Market User rank is implemented, it's very likely that the forced 2FA will also be implemented, as that's 90% of the reason for the rank.

#3: As it stands, I don't foresee any "base requirements" for the rank, as it would end up being more of a "trusted user" type of rank, but if you feel it would make the market more secure, we can also include base requirements, such as account lifetime, account post requirement, etc. If we did this, it may require actual manual investigation into the accounts details (looking at emails, post count, acc creation, etc) whereas with no requirements, you'd simply have to ask for the rank and you'd receive it. Note that if you choose not to have the rank on your account, you will not be able to add to your posts "2FA enabled, super trusted!!!!!!!!" and will be given warnings if you do, even if you do have 2FA enabled.

Any other suggestions on this topic are welcome, just keep them as relevant as you can. (eg, don't be like "i think scripters should be forced to have 2fa!!!!!")

edit: I did just enable forced 2FA on S+/++/Scholar accounts though.

Thanks,

The Dream Team

It would be really nice if we have an instant-messaging system built into the forums as well instead of relying on external resources for quicker communications. This should go hand-to-hand with 2FA.

9 minutes ago, zScorpio said:

It would be really nice if we have an instant-messaging system built into the forums as well instead of relying on external resources for quicker communications. This should go hand-to-hand with 2FA.

...there is an instant message system built into the forums.

It's called PM

Just now, Nuclear Nezz said:

...there is an instant message system built into the forums.

It's called PM

Is there a possibility to make it more "instant" like? Most users don't feel safe dealing directly through PM as it gives a feeling of delay/disconnection.

15 minutes ago, zScorpio said:

Is there a possibility to make it more "instant" like? Most users don't feel safe dealing directly through PM as it gives a feeling of delay/disconnection.

what

it's literally instant.

Edit: anyway, once we get new chat set up there'll be private messages in the chat.

IMHO, this is just a garantee rank for showing that user has 2FA setup, right?

Why not advice users to just show a screenshot in which it shows that your account is 2FA'd? Making an entirely new rank for it seems a bit redundant :/

42 minutes ago, Articron said:

IMHO, this is just a garantee rank for showing that user has 2FA setup, right?

Why not advice users to just show a screenshot in which it shows that your account is 2FA'd? Making an entirely new rank for it seems a bit redundant 😕

Screenshots can be edited, they also take up space on threads.

Ranks can't.

It also means they'll be adding [2FA secured] to their thread titles, which I mean they probably will anyway but still. We can't guarantee every screenshot.

But if they have the rank, you can be damn sure they have 2FA enabled kek

I've already made the rank + made it so that it's forced to use 2FA, at this point it's just waiting for community input, and then just giving it to the users who want it.

Archived