Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Nex Bot Runner]

Nex

Looks really cool and useful. 

Not to question your reputation or tarnish it in any way but i do have questions.  I would think any outside program that allows users to enter their Dreambot user/pass and account user/pass would not be tolerated on this site as a whole.  The assumption being that other users, less trustworthy, could take advantage of said programs.  So my question to the admins is this - are these programs encouraged/supported or allowed on the site?  I understand this situation being unique as it is Nex and his reputation but the question still is asked. 

18 minutes ago, sr24 said:

Looks really cool and useful. 

Not to question your reputation or tarnish it in any way but i do have questions.  I would think any outside program that allows users to enter their Dreambot user/pass and account user/pass would not be tolerated on this site as a whole.  The assumption being that other users, less trustworthy, could take advantage of said programs.  So my question to the admins is this - are these programs encouraged/supported or allowed on the site?  I understand this situation being unique as it is Nex and his reputation but the question still is asked. 

Understandable question. but my tool just creates .bat files on ur pc so the info never leaves ur local pc meaning i cannot get/see any data filled in ever

17 hours ago, Nex said:

Understandable question. but my tool just creates .bat files on ur pc so the info never leaves ur local pc meaning i cannot get/see any data filled in ever

Understandable, however (playing devil's advocate here), the tool is stored on your server/site.   It is not unreasonable to suspect that other users, with malicious intent, could do the same thing and share their 'tool' as well.   Dreambot staff (I'm assuming here so forgive me if im wrong) would they say have no control over other sites and what users chose to upload to them, caution always against using third party sites not affiliated with dreambot, etc.   I'm cutting myself off here, as I type this, I realized this is not the place to have this discussion and I do not wish to take away from your post/contributions.  

I'm happy to hear it just stores a local file and it looks cool!  Keep up on being awesome :P

25 minutes ago, sr24 said:

Understandable, however (playing devil's advocate here), the tool is stored on your server/site.   It is not unreasonable to suspect that other users, with malicious intent, could do the same thing and share their 'tool' as well.   Dreambot staff (I'm assuming here so forgive me if im wrong) would they say have no control over other sites and what users chose to upload to them, caution always against using third party sites not affiliated with dreambot, etc.   I'm cutting myself off here, as I type this, I realized this is not the place to have this discussion and I do not wish to take away from your post/contributions.  

I'm happy to hear it just stores a local file and it looks cool!  Keep up on being awesome :P

I believe dreambots stance on this would be the same as local/private scripts. Download at your own risk. DreamBot only ever recommends using scripts on the SDN as they are checked thoroughly by machine and by hand for malicious material.

If something is reported as being malicious I'd assume they would look into and if found to be malicious, take it down. Though as I said before everything is at the users own risk. If you believe something or someone is sketchy, don't download it. If you believe they all have risk and it's not worth it to take, then don't do it.

Finally, looks sexy Nex :vohiyo:

2 hours ago, sr24 said:

This is indeed what we'd say if asked the question. We don't have any control over what data gets sent to his server or what kind of external code is ran if we can't monitor the code (which we do through our SDN system).

Still V 2.0 (Version in pics on original post) right? Also, when adding params would you list it like:"1st param" "2nd param", etc. Or without the Quotes like:1stparam 2nd param etc.? Also, can it use a local script? What if that local script doesn't have any parameters, Or that I don't know of?

• 2 weeks later...
    On 5/12/2019 at 9:40 PM, Knighton22 said:

Still V 2.0 (Version in pics on original post) right? Also, when adding params would you list it like:"1st param" "2nd param", etc. Or without the Quotes like:1stparam 2nd param etc.? Also, can it use a local script? What if that local script doesn't have any parameters, Or that I don't know of?

If your script has no params leave the field blank, If it does you fill them in the same way you would with a quickrun bat file

& yes local scripts also work just fill in the name 

Archived