Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Getting Started

Nuclear Nezz

Updated Guides

This post was originally made for a prior version of DreamBot, and has been replaced by the Guides section above.

Original Post:

Spoiler

Hello, and welcome to DreamBot!

This thread should give you enough information to get you right on your way to botting your account, along with link to some useful threads with more information.

Pre-Setup

Spoiler

You'll want to make sure that you have Java 8 installed.

Read that again, Java EIGHT, not 9, not 10, not 7, EIGHT.

If you have others installed, I would recommend that you uninstall all of them, including any versions of 8 you have, and then reinstall the latest version of Java 8. This guarantees there are no left over system variables that may have been changed by other versions, it also guarantees that 8 is the only one on your system, limiting the amount of things that could go horribly wrong.

You'll need a DreamBot account (which I hope you have by now)

You'll want your DreamBot account's password to NOT include any special characters. Numbers and letters are fine, if yours has special characters, you should change it to remove those.

How To Get The Client

You can download our launcher at the top of the forums, the big ol "Download" button.

Once you download the launcher, put it on your Desktop (or wherever you want) and run it with Java. This opens up a nifty little window:

launcher.png

Now, you see the "Please wait... Client is downloading!" that means the DreamBot client is downloading, and you have to wait for that to finish and turn green.

"Memory Allocated" is the amount of memory given to the client once it launches, I'd recommend not going much higher than 500MB.

The proxy selector and editor is in this launcher. For more information on that, see: https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/15221-guide-everything-you-need-to-know-about-proxies/

Once it's all set and downloaded, click the "Launch Client" button and wait for the client to boot up!

How To Get Scripts

Now that the client is all good and launched (seriously, make sure the client works for you before getting scripts), you will want to get some scripts.

You can find all of our scripts on the SDN under the "Scripts" tab at the top of the forum. This brings you to our SDN page, where you can search for free, paid, and VIP only scripts.

Free scripts you'll be able to add right from this page (along with remove)

Paid scripts you'll be able to click the purchase button, and it'll send you to our Store where you should be able to purchase the script.

If that link doesn't work, then you can always go directly to our Store yourself (the "Store" button at the top of the forums) and search for the script there.

For free scripts, I do not recommend going all whammy click happy and adding every single script all at once. If there's an issue with the script (it has happened, not every script is maintained constantly) it may give you issues in your client once you're looking for other scripts. You should find the one you want, add it, then go try to run it.

How To Run Scripts

Now that you have your handy dandy script added, go back to your open client:

client.png

See that button with the red rectangle around it? That's the play button.

If you click that, it'll open up the script selector, where you can go to "Free Scripts" (assuming you added a free script) and see all of your free scripts.

Select the script you want to run, then click the "Start script" button.

But It's Not Logging My Account In

So if you want the script to log your account in automatically, you'll have to add the account information in to the account manager.

You can find the account manager by clicking the big File button, then "Manage Accounts"

This opens up the little account manager window, where you'll click "Add Account" then fill in the information you see, then "Save Account"

Now when you go back to the script selector (stop the script by clicking the stop button first) by clicking the play button, select your script again, but before you click "Start Script", there's a little drop down menu right above that button, it may be hard to see, but I promise it's there.

In that drop down menu, you can select the account you wish to run the script with. Select your account, click "Start Script" and watch it go!

If you added your account, but you don't see it in that list, restart your client and you should be good to go.

For some frequently asked questions you can see:

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/7025-user-faq/

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1410-frequently-asked-questions/

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/2360-dreambots-quickstart/

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/15221-guide-everything-you-need-to-know-about-proxies/

For any other questions you have, you can ask in the chatbox, PM a staff member, open a thread under "Ask the staff" or in whatever relevant section you can find for your question.

Thanks,

The Dream Team

• Nuclear Nezz pinned and featured this topic
    • 3 weeks later...

hey guys im having trouble with vleint because it does not boot up, i instaled JDK and it keeps saying i must install it :s and then closes.

Please help guys!

10 hours ago, opus20 said:

hey guys im having trouble with vleint because it does not boot up, i instaled JDK and it keeps saying i must install it :s and then closes.

Please help guys!

Make sure you install Java 8. Do you mean it opens up a black box when you double click the DBLauncher.jar file and then immediately closes?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

So I have installed Java 8 and when i try to open DBlauncher a window appears and immediately disappears without anything else happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

40 minutes ago, RagingNoodle said:

Hey guys,

So I have installed Java 8 and when i try to open DBlauncher a window appears and immediately disappears without anything else happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Uninstall any other versions of Java and if that doesn't work, try running this: https://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

So I have done all the steps. Downloaded the client, Updated Java 8 (it's still version 8 ), downloaded scripts but when I try to run them, none of the 4 do anything, it clicks my settings page on one of them and that's it, the others even do nothing at all, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I wonder what

18 hours ago, BigFatLoot said:

So I have done all the steps. Downloaded the client, Updated Java 8 (it's still version 8 ), downloaded scripts but when I try to run them, none of the 4 do anything, it clicks my settings page on one of them and that's it, the others even do nothing at all, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I wonder what

Try deleting jagexcache from C:/Users/You and open the client. Which script is opening settings page? Perhaps it is trying to change a setting but fails due to changed widget ids.

• 4 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    On 7/3/2018 at 12:00 PM, Hashtag said:

Make sure you install Java 8. Do you mean it opens up a black box when you double click the DBLauncher.jar file and then immediately closes?

I have this exact problem, clicking the DBLauncer.jar file and it opens up a black box ( i think its from java?) that closes immediatly. I have java 8 installed as the only java on my pc. 

I also tried with java JDK and JRE but it changes nothing.

^Fixed the problem above

Alright so for the people in the future:

I tried installing and de installing java 8 multiple times, i tried to download some java JDK, JRE and looked around my pc for 2 hours with 0 results.

Searched around the error and bug topics and found this site that could be helpful if you have problems with java.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Jarfix.shtml

Its a quick download and fixes all your java problems back to normal as it used to be. Immediatly after I downloaded the java fixer I could also download and open the DBLauncher.jar file with no problem.