Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Discord Chat

Nuclear Nezz

Hello everyone,

It seems Discord has banned my account, along with deleted the Dreambot chat.

Their email notification states: " Your account was involved in promoting or encouraging illegal activity including hacking, cracking or the distribution of pirated software, cheats or hacks for our or another company's service. "

I'm assuming it's for being a runescape botting discord, but I'm not entirely certain since they don't specify.

So, Dreambot discord is kill. I'll be looking into alternatives for chats.

Thanks,

The Dream Team

Update:

" Hello,

Based on the results of our investigation, this is a permanent action and we will not be reinstating the account.

We currently can only assist with server ownership transfers if your server is a public server that has more than 100 members in it, and the server owner hasn't accessed their account for at least a month. Additionally, in order to request server ownership, the new server owner must currently have administrator and/or moderator permissions within the server.

Cheers,
    Wicked 6 "

It has also come to my attention that other users are being banned for having discord related to RS botting, even if it's just services for RS.

If you have one of these servers, it may be best for you to create an alternative backup account with admin privileges in case your account gets banned and you lose your server/contacts. Any "unofficial dreambot" chats should probably be closed, unless you change the directive of your chat from RS Botting to something else, and disallow the topic of botting.

Note that you still probably will get banned and shut down if you're reported, even if you change your server directive. I'm unsure why Discord is taking such a harsh action against RS discords recently, but it sounds like they're dropping a heavy hand on it, and will continue to do so.

Chat Update:
    I have found a few alternatives that will be put on the site, rather than through a 3rd party client, but won't be able to get them installed/purchased until I'm back home, in about 5 days. It may be extended a few more days as there's a few other things I need to do before I can make those purchases, and I'm not sure how long they will take.

I wonder if this could have been a preemptive response from Discord due to the threatened legal action against RuneLite by Jagex?

Update:

" Hello,

Based on the results of our investigation, this is a permanent action and we will not be reinstating the account.

We currently can only assist with server ownership transfers if your server is a public server that has more than 100 members in it, and the server owner hasn't accessed their account for at least a month. Additionally, in order to request server ownership, the new server owner must currently have administrator and/or moderator permissions within the server.

Cheers,
    Wicked 6 "

It has also come to my attention that other users are being banned for having discord related to RS botting, even if it's just services for RS.

If you have one of these servers, it may be best for you to create an alternative backup account with admin privileges in case your account gets banned and you lose your server/contacts. Any "unofficial dreambot" chats should probably be closed, unless you change the directive of your chat from RS Botting to something else, and disallow the topic of botting.

Note that you still probably will get banned and shut down if you're reported, even if you change your server directive. I'm unsure why Discord is taking such a harsh action against RS discords recently, but it sounds like they're dropping a heavy hand on it, and will continue to do so.

Chat Update:
    I have found a few alternatives that will be put on the site, rather than through a 3rd party client, but won't be able to get them installed/purchased until I'm back home, in about 5 days. It may be extended a few more days as there's a few other things I need to do before I can make those purchases, and I'm not sure how long they will take.

• 4 months later...
    On 9/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, clerythecleri said:

This is very strange, i'm with multiple other botting communities for a variety of games, including some 'hacking' groups. that all use discord chat... Can you not just create a new discord?

just make  slack channel?

• 4 weeks later...
    On 10/31/2018 at 7:18 AM, rawb said:

Do we have a new chat somewhere already?
    Got questions regarding scripting which would be nice to pick up in a chat. :d

There is a scripting EDU one that is used for questions. It's posted in the scripting section

• 1 month later...
    Just now, NovaGTX said:

Problem with Teamspeak is that client IP's can be resolved quite easily.

Ah never knew that was a problem, I've only had issues with Skype

Archived