Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • More active staff

AspectRatio

So my time here is kind of short lived. 

I came here with prior experience developing color based runescape bots. I chose Dreambot because I thought it had an active staff as told by the front page. 

I quickly got to work, wanting to contribute to the community, learned Java, made a few scripts. 

My first script was ready to publish, bug free as far as I could tell, so I attempted to do so. Put in my script application, few days went by and no reply, so I made a topic to ask the staff with no reply from them. A day later the application expired. I asked the discord, and made another application, a few days went by, nothing, so I made another topic on ask the staff, as well as private messaged the script manager, Banana. 

The script application expired a second time, at this point I have several very useful scripts I could publish, but the lack of staff has made it impossible. 

So after a few topics on the matter, over a week has gone by, I've asked the discord, I've PMed a member, 

Where is the staff? 

I fully understand where you're coming from @AspectRatio, as Dbuffed said, Nezz is on a vacation travelling around the majority of Europe, so it's fully understandable that he's very busy. I've no knowledge as to what the other staff are up to, but they all undoubtedly have commitments of their own. Stick with it and I'm sure (hopeful) that they'll get around to you as soon as time allows.

44 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

I fully understand where you're coming from @AspectRatio, as Dbuffed said, Nezz is on a vacation travelling around the majority of Europe, so it's fully understandable that he's very busy. I've no knowledge as to what the other staff are up to, but they all undoubtedly have commitments of their own. Stick with it and I'm sure (hopeful) that they'll get around to you as soon as time allows.

I get what he is on about though, my dispute I made about a user doxing etc offsite (not just this but many other things) was like 12 days ago, it's still open as it's been unseen to but yet they are accepting posts on it.

It just seems like lack of communication overall, I understand people are busy though so personally i'll stay patient although it is quite a shame.

He may be busy, but the only SDN manager is not on some type of leave as far as we know, and he's signed in one time the past week, and didn't even check the SDN. 

This has been up all day and it's not even gotten an appropriate reply. If some of these people aren't interested enough to check out what's going on, they should appoint more staff, or the current should hand off the position to someone who will check things out. 

As a sole person in charge of the SDN, these things should be checked DAILY. Bugs are found, scripts break. If they can't do it, there should be a backup as someone who can, at least every few days. 

BananaMan, if you're to busy, that's fine, in that case I'm suggesting a secondary SDN manager to aid. 

I'm firing a lot of shots here, but after coding a bit with dreambot, I feel in love with it, and it sucks that the staff response is so bad, I can't even get a script published. There's so much opportunity here. 

30 minutes ago, AspectRatio said:

I'm firing a lot of shots here, but after coding a bit with dreambot, I feel in love with it, and it sucks that the staff response is so bad, I can't even get a script published. There's so much opportunity here. 

same situation lmao

Archived