Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Runescape Mac address ban/flag

Rebecca631

So I recently found out that I was hardware banned/flagged by jagex. Ive contacted several people from the community, and ran tests to proof this. The accounts I log onto my botting laptop are banned within 15 seconds, tested with over 100 accounts, dozens of proxies, residential rotating proxies etc. The pc I play on without botting I believe is flagged as the accounts are banned within a few days despite not botting. Based off what I have been told and through the diagnostic tests it is believed that this is a Mac address ban.

I've also contacted the scripter who made the script for his advice, he was intrigued to test out the logic behind the bans and tested the same script with the same variables other than hardware; which further proofed this as he was not banned. Long story short, I ran a script that jagex did not like very much. 

Im looking for help if anyone else has any experience or problems with "hardware related bans". Im not sure if I need to reset the router's Mac address or I will need to clone my laptop's Mac address and what not to play runescape. 

UPDATE 1 = I just renewed ip deleted cache AND cloned a Mac address and am still getting insta BANNED! 

• 3 weeks later...

Btw in order to change make adress just live boot linux or run of virtual machine and type this command in your terminal:

sudo ifconfig eth0 down

sudo ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    sudo ifconfig eth0 up

The above is for your network interface device, probably a wireless adaptor.

For mac adress of your router watch:

Let me know if it didn't work.

Archived