Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How do I find a fishingspot?

Binarybunny

So I am trying to fish but it doesnt seem to want to work, never done a fishing script before so not sure how to find a fishing spot if its a entity or a gameobject.

This is what I have so far and it finds a spot but it wont start fishing, thats because Im not telling it to but it doesnt even get to the

log("IT WORKS RUN TO IT BOY!");

part. It just keeps looping through

log("Found a new one!");

What am I doing wrong here and what is the proper way of doing this?

log("Looking for the closest fishing spot");
            //this will find the closest game object that isn't null (it's fishable) and whose name equals Fishing spot. Call this using nodes or in a method in your loop so that it is updated in real time.
            GameObject spot = getGameObjects().closest(i -> i != null && i.getID() == 1530);
            log("Found a fishing spot!");
            //log(String.valueOf(spot.getTile())); //prints the not-null fishing spot's tile to the debug console.

if (!spot.isOnScreen()) {
                log("The spot is not in screen!");
                GameObject newSpot = getGameObjects().closest(i -> i != null && i.getID() == 1530);
                log("Found a new one!");
                if (newSpot.isOnScreen()){
                }
            } else {
                //put your fishing method here.
            }

IIrc fishing spots are entities (npcs) and not objects my friend.

E:/ I'd also recommend filtering based on action(s), not id, as id's change upon update.

E.g.

getNpcs().closest(n -> n != null && n.getActions().contains("Net") && n.getActions().contains("Bait");

Keeps saying that its not on the screen

IIrc fishing spots are entities (npcs) and not objects my friend.

E:/ I'd also recommend filtering based on action(s), not id, as id's change upon update.

E.g.

getNpcs().closest(n -> n != null && n.getActions().contains("Net") && n.getActions().contains("Bait");

Not sure thats the way to use getACtions because it takes a string array

Keeps saying that its not on the screen

Not sure thats the way to use getACtions because it takes a string array

You just need to make it become a String. 

Can do this by using the Arrays.toString(array) method

Then that would look like this.

NPC npc = getNpcs().closest(n -> n != null && Arrays.toString(n.getActions()).contains("Net") && Arrays.toString(n.getActions()).contains("Bait"));

You just need to make it become a String. 

Can do this by using the Arrays.toString(array) method

Then that would look like this.

NPC npc = getNpcs().closest(n -> n != null && Arrays.toString(n.getActions()).contains("Net") && Arrays.toString(n.getActions()).contains("Bait"));

n.hasAction(string)

n.hasAction(string)

I was answering his question about it being an array. Either method will I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I am trying to fish but it doesnt seem to want to work, never done a fishing script before so not sure how to find a fishing spot if its a entity or a gameobject.

This is what I have so far and it finds a spot but it wont start fishing, thats because Im not telling it to but it doesnt even get to the

part. It just keeps looping through

log("Found a new one!");

What am I doing wrong here and what is the proper way of doing this?

log("Looking for the closest fishing spot");
            //this will find the closest game object that isn't null (it's fishable) and whose name equals Fishing spot. Call this using nodes or in a method in your loop so that it is updated in real time.
            GameObject spot = getGameObjects().closest(i -> i != null && i.getID() == 1530);
            log("Found a fishing spot!");
            //log(String.valueOf(spot.getTile())); //prints the not-null fishing spot's tile to the debug console.

if (!spot.isOnScreen()) {
                log("The spot is not in screen!");
                GameObject newSpot = getGameObjects().closest(i -> i != null && i.getID() == 1530);
                log("Found a new one!");
                if (newSpot.isOnScreen()){
                }
            } else {
                //put your fishing method here.
            }

I believe it's a good practice to search for GameObjects/NPCs/etc. using names not IDs. sometimes the gameobject IDs change which could cause the script to stop working

Archived