Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • PlankBuddy Lite [TaskScript] [Open Source]

iamreyne

Here is the source to the "Lite" version of my plank processing script, PlankBuddy.

I'm releasing this as there seems to be a serious lack of open source material for TaskScript.

GitHub Gist

This was my very first script without a tutorial, so it isn't the greatest, but it does work with some bugs. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Nice to see open source content. If I may throw my suggestions in, it'd be wise to create a framework that only does one action per loop. For example, now it searchs for the NPC even though the player is at the bank. During that same loop after interacting it's clicking the widget. It may work a couple of times but in the long run it'll cause problems.

A better approach would be something like this: is widget open? Yes: click the widget. No: talk with the NPC etc. And if I saw correctly you were returning 0 after each loop. To reduce the work the cpu has to do, make it a few hundred. It will still work the same way, but is more performance efficient.

But other than that, good job!

Nice to see open source content. If I may throw my suggestions in, it'd be wise to create a framework that only does one action per loop. For example, now it searchs for the NPC even though the player is at the bank. During that same loop after interacting it's clicking the widget. It may work a couple of times but in the long run it'll cause problems.

A better approach would be something like this: is widget open? Yes: click the widget. No: talk with the NPC etc. And if I saw correctly you were returning 0 after each loop. To reduce the work the cpu has to do, make it a few hundred. It will still work the same way, but is more performance efficient.

But other than that, good job!

Thanks!

I'll work on the one action per loop. This was my very first script so I have improved since, but I've still got lots of work to do.

Archived