Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Roka/Romfan Account Recovery Dispute

Chiefy

Just opening a dispute to try clear up that i was not the one who recovered the account that "roka" had, and that in fact it was a fellow member of the DreamBot community who goes by the name "Romfan"

A link to the dispute against me can be found here : https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/10431-evidence-that-bonker-scammed-me/

It all started off when "Romfan" had sold me an account which he was supposedly the original owner of, after some time had passed since the sale of the account, I got bored of using it to PK, and therefore it became useless to me and sat there for some time, because of this i decided to put the account back up for sale, where the member "Roka" had offered me 60m for the account, this was quickly accepted and the deal went through very smoothly with all the details being swapped over to his.

After my ban on DreamBot, i got a text message from "Banker" notifying me that i had a dispute opened against me for apparently recovering the said account, which i don't have access to any of the original details, therefore there was no way i could recover the account, the only person with the original details to the account would be "Romfan" who was the original owner of the account,

After reading thoroughly through the Dispute, i realised a small key feature to the appeal that could change it all, this was the currently email that had been set on the account after it being recovered.... this was awfully close to the original email "Romfan" had on the account when it was sold to me

Here is the information i was sent by "Romfan" when i originally purchased the account from him;

romfan - 04/20/2017 [email protected] pw: dontfuckme

pɐǝp Salt (Bonker) - 04/20/2017 mhmm that pass

romfan - 04/20/2017 original e-mail : [email protected] pw: dontfuckme if u need it

http://prntscr.com/i0bnks

Hello,

Yes I've sold this account to Bonker. But I gave him full account details. Including original E-mail with password. As shown in the picture he prodived himself.

I did not recover this account and I do not have access to it whatsoever. 

Knowing what the Original-Email was to the account would not allow me to recover the account, you need much more evidence to prove ownership of the account, for example creation dates etc... which i did not have any access to knowing, you are the only one with access to such information, as can be seen in the screenshot provided in roka's Dispute thread against me, the email that recovered the account looks awfully like your email? can you explain this? the only person able to recover the account would be you, as you were the only and original owner, you did not provide me any information which would allow me to recover the account

At no point did i ever have access to the original email, you just told me what it was, knowing the password and original email is not sufficient information to recover an account. I was never given any recovery information for the account, the only one to hold any recovery information is the original owner

Knowing what the Original-Email was to the account would not allow me to recover the account, you need much more evidence to prove ownership of the account, for example creation dates etc... which i did not have any access to knowing, you are the only one with access to such information, as can be seen in the screenshot provided in roka's Dispute thread against me, the email that recovered the account looks awfully like your email? can you explain this? the only person able to recover the account would be you, as you were the only and original owner, you did not provide me any information which would allow me to recover the account

At no point did i ever have access to the original email, you just told me what it was, knowing the password and original email is not sufficient information to recover an account. I was never given any recovery information for the account, the only one to hold any recovery information is the original owner

I gave you full access to the original e-mail. If you claim to not have access to it, while you just showed a screenshot of me telling you what the login and password is nonsense.

I've checked to see what e-mail the account is registered to right now. I tried to "recover" the account today and this is what the e-mail is set to:

https://puu.sh/z1VhM/faac7afa8f.png

How is an e-mail adress that starts with a 4 even close to the original e-mail I've send to you?

Can you check that original email for any emails from runescape saying i recovered the account? No

Can you check that email for any email saying it was logged into from another location? No

Never logged into that email

And finally, just having that email is not sufficient information to recover an account, you need billing info, creation date, Service Provider, Locations

The only person with access to such information is you as the original owner of the account.

If you could please provide evidence of me ever logging into that email to recover the account?

Can you check that original email for any emails from runescape saying i recovered the account? No, just checked, the password of the e-mail adress is changed. Which I've given you full access to.

Can you check that email for any email saying it was logged into from another location? No, see above.

Never logged into that email. Don't think this point proves your innocence.

And finally, just having that email is not sufficient information to recover an account, you need billing info, creation date, Service Provider, Locations

The only person with access to such information is you as the original owner of the account.

If you could please provide evidence of me ever logging into that email to recover the account?

I remain to my statement that I've not recovered the account. What you are trying to get out of me is just liber and slander without any form of evidence.

There is no strong evidence being offered by either side, and so we will have to resolve this dispute with other context. Given Romfan's reputation and value on his account here, it makes no sense that he'd risk it all just to scam an account valued at $60. Ignoring his reputation, his account has a value of at least $200 just from Lifetime Sponsor, $25 Donor, and the scripts he has purchased. Especially when you consider that the accuser is already permanently banned for a variety of offenses that hint at extreme dishonesty and willingness to lie, there is no reason for us to allow this dispute to continue further.

Should further relevant information arise, this dispute may be revisited.

Archived